• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Meet the "press"

23 posts in this topic

What an awesome photo making the rounds online on fb now. Courtesy of Albert Deguzman

Left to right: Will Eisner, Joe Orlando; Jerry Robinson, Terry Austin, Leonard Starr, Sal Amendola, Walter Simonson, Dck Giordano, Julius Schwartz, Howard Chaykin, Frank Miller, John Byrne

13124945_10206741422918828_4148685669338614503_n.jpg

Great pic :applause:

However, what on Earth was John Byrne wearing? hm

His dress up suspenders of course

I love the way Frank doesn't put down his bag. His body language is one of "I've got better things to do" which definitely did not include putting on a tie.

John and the short guy in the center joined the "I'm an old man, and I wear my pants really high(Like above the belly button)" club quite young

Miller and Chaykin look thrilled

Yeah, when I saw their expressions I thought "Yep, that's about what I expected."

I find it interesting that the "old school" guys are all wearing suits and all the 1970's guys all pretty much look like slobs in comparison.

For people of a certain generation and earlier you put on at least a jacket and wore a tie if you were going to be seen in public, particularly if you were getting photographed. and that all went down the crapper in the late 60s/70s.

pre-retirement, unless my father, born in 1924, was playing sports, at the beach or at the park with us kids, if he was outside, he wore a jacket, slacks, button down shirt, dress shoes, and a tie.

when he retired he started dressing like a vagabond, but that was something else.

Not to pick but you notice Sal Amendola has what appears to be sun glasses in his hand. Wonder if he was wearing them inside and decided he better take them off for the picture.

For people of a certain generation and earlier you put on at least a jacket and wore a tie if you were going to be seen in public...

Yep, same for my dad, born in 1923.

Back in the '70s, he'd put on a sport-coat to go to the 7-11 for a pack of smokes, never wore denim (except for his dungarees in the Navy) or shorts, and even cut the grass in an old pair of dark green work pants and one of those old-school "penguin" polo shirts.

'Twas a different era indeed...

For people of a certain generation and earlier you put on at least a jacket and wore a tie if you were going to be seen in public...

Back in the '70s, he'd put on a sport-coat to go to the 7-11 for a pack of smokes, never wore denim (except for his dungarees in the Navy) or shorts, and even cut the grass in an old pair of dark green work pants and one of those old-school "penguin" polo shirts.

it was interesting to see my dad just do a gigantic "F-this" when he retired though. up until 65, he dressed formally for everything, after that he dressed worse than his teenage kids (but still no jeans, he hated jeans...)

If you look at pictures of the crowds at baseball and football games from the 1950s and earlier, you see a lot of men wearing sports jackets and ties. Similarly, I was looking at some photos of Disneyland in the 1950s and, again, a significant minority of men were wearing jackets and ties.

If you look at pictures of the crowds at baseball and football games from the 1950s and earlier, you see a lot of men wearing sports jackets and ties. Similarly, I was looking at some photos of Disneyland in the 1950s and, again, a significant minority of men were wearing jackets and ties.

And women are dressed like they're going to Easter mass.

John and the short guy in the center joined the "I'm an old man, and I wear my pants really high(Like above the belly button)" club quite young

He likes to show off his front butt

He likes to show off his front butt

It had occurred to me that it could be something similar to Lyndon Johnson's favourite tactic of genital dominance.