• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,489 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

I once owned a death of wolverine 9.6 with no gloss error which was NOT a qualified label. Not sure how they label them anymore

The Venom Lethal Protector Gold Foil Error/White cover is graded under the Blue Universal label...

I do not know why this book was not graded under the same Blue Universal label...

Screenshot_20180817-185418.png

On 8/5/2018 at 9:25 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

We'll you at least have the X-Men 25 :foryou:

I got the wolverine 75 first, and I had to go back and get the X-Men 25, as it is the key of the 5 holograms. 

I like that now I have the wolverine covers that are the same subject matter...

We both just need to get the Nabisco variant where he gets his ADAMANTIUM back...

are you talking about this Wolverine ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wolverine-145-Variant-White-Bone-Silver-Foil-Error-Claws-Rarest-One-Known-9-6/122858831910?hash=item1c9af50026:g:reEAAOSwyLFZrfA9

Edited by topcat54

10 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Or were you asking me to find the link to the "Nabisco variant"?

In X-Men #25, Magneto removes wolverine's ADAMANTIUM 

In Wolverine #75, on the cover it depicts the agony and aftermath of that event

In the Nabisco issue Wolverine gets his ADAMANTIUM back....

:foryou: that is why I said that I'd like to own all 3...

3 minutes ago, topcat54 said:

thanks

lol I finally looked up the one that you gave me the link to, I didn't realize that it was the same issue number as the "Nabisco Variant", but the Nabisco is more limited I believe..

:shy: 

SO yes, technically you were right (thumbsu things are sometimes harder to do on my phone......

5 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Love that Hulk 340 it never gets the love it deserves looks like a nice grade too
that's even tougher.

It is actually the Hulk 340 Marvel Custom Comic that was sold only in three-packs in Family Dollar stores. This is the still-sealed three-pack. There's an Iron Man on the back and, I think, a Marvel Adventures Spider-Man comic in the middle. I never find these in the wild and they were sold through Family Dollar stores three or four years ago.

19 hours ago, Michael Browning said:

It is actually the Hulk 340 Marvel Custom Comic that was sold only in three-packs in Family Dollar stores. This is the still-sealed three-pack. There's an Iron Man on the back and, I think, a Marvel Adventures Spider-Man comic in the middle. I never find these in the wild and they were sold through Family Dollar stores three or four years ago.

I am aware of that I have had several copies just not any better then 8.0

17 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Where have you found them? I look for them all the time, thinking that, since they were sold through Family Dollar stores, they might be in longboxes that I go through in shops, but I have never found any in a store before these. I do find an occasional copy of the Iron Man, but never any of the Hulk 340s.

8 minutes ago, Michael Browning said:
29 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Where have you found them? I look for them all the time, thinking that, since they were sold through Family Dollar stores, they might be in longboxes that I go through in shops, but I have never found any in a store before these. I do find an occasional copy of the Iron Man, but never any of the Hulk 340s.

I bought several when they came out. Several on ebay and a few in flea markets. The Iron Man issue is the one I have trouble finding.

On 2/15/2018 at 8:42 PM, the blob said:

Does CGC designate (describe) error books on the slab when it isn't a well know error (like the venom book)? i feel like they do, sometimes?

Unfortunately, because this priniting error for Infinity Crusade #1 is significantly less common as compared to the the two different Venom Lethal Protector #1 printing error books (Black printing error & White printing error), it did not recieve a Blue Universal label like those did...

Over 200 'Black' Venom Lethal Protector #1 Red Foil priniting error books have been graded to date...

At least 2 'White' Venom Lethal Protector #1 Gold Foil printing error books have been graded to date...

Guess how many 'White' Infinity Crusade #1 No Foil printing error books have been graded to date...

We all know the print run for Infinity Crusade #1 is massive, however, only a couple hundred examples in total have been submitted for grading by CGC...and don't forget about the whole 'Newsstand Variant' debate...

20180817_152454.jpg

20180625_134559.jpg

On 5/20/2018 at 2:13 AM, Davidone said:

If you follow the Turtle market, nearly every series in between Mirage vol. 1 and IDW are tough to find. Many of them sell very well for way over cover. This Dream Wave series is not very easy to find and still dirt cheap. If the trend continues, they should appreciate nicely. Nice find.

I found a bunch of Tales of TMNT by Mirage for about 3 bucks each, should I pick those up?