• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,489 posts in this topic

With the exception of some of the Image newsies posted (and some of those confirmed their existence), it has been the "Books I just found in the wild that I never have before and I'm guessing you haven't either" thread lately. It's great info all around. I've seen a bunch of books in here that I didn't know existed or never would have thought would be that tough to find that are now on my radar. 

3 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:
30 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

How do you tell that 2nd printing? Ive heard about this book, but I don't actively look for it. Do you have to look at the indicia?

Your first clue :baiting:

Capture.JPG

Didn't look close enough, but appreciate u making it very clear. :slapfight:

56 minutes ago, darkstar said:

asking 2k for a 9.6? 4.5k for a 9.6? :roflmao:

Raw copy sold for $2k in 2016. no 9.8's exist, and only 3 9.6s. so yeah.  Nice to see the peanut gallery hasn't changed much around here.   

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by UltraMaximus

5 minutes ago, darkstar said:

I'm sure the sale was legit :wink:. Another book being pushed as rare simply because of low census numbers. 

No the book is actually quite rare, considering there are threads on this site even where people were telling others "It doesn't exist".

Stop trying to act like you know all about every rare comic, it's obvious you are clueless. 

37 minutes ago, UltraMaximus said:

No the book is actually quite rare, considering there are threads on this site even where people were telling others "It doesn't exist".

Stop trying to act like you know all about every rare comic, it's obvious you are clueless. 

I know that Sandman increased its print run as the series was ending. I know that issue saw enough interest to see a second printing. Exactly how low do you believe the 2nd print run to be? Which is more likely the reason for low census numbers, that the book is truly rare or that the book suffers from widespread disinterest from the market? 

1 hour ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

A 9.4 sold for $217 a few months ago and there are only 5 of those out there. Is it common for the difference in a 9.4 to a 9.6 to be approx 10x? 

I don't have a dog in the fight, I've just always heard it was a nearly impossible book to 

Print run was estimated at 106k (according tp comichron) for 1st print, 2nd print never made the top 300 list and was released in April 1996.

I've been looking for the Sandman #75 2nd print pretty consistently for the last few years... it is indeed rare, to the point that reputable comic vendors don't even know (or acknowledges) it exists.

Edited by BishopT