• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you keep your comics from falling over?

19 posts in this topic

When you have some books in a box but not enough books to fill the box. Just wanna know and or see what you guys do in this situation to keep your books from falling over. Creative or basic let me see what you :D

"How do you keep your comic from falling over?"

I try to stop him after 5 or 6 drinks.

or

Isn't that what cats are for ? (every time I open a comic box the cat attempts to jump in any spare space)

or

Easy ! Run to your LCS and buy more comics to fill the box.

or

Bricks. Just bricks.

-bc

PS - Behind several large backing boards, I use excess bubble-wrap or Sports Illustrated magazines (Swimsuit issues work best because they are square-bound) to fill the space. :)

I just stand in the middle of the room, then spin around really fast while flinging my books out of my hands. Close the door and walk out.

I collect about 20 books in a stack before I go back to the comic room to put them away

I've had the same problem -- just been using either stacks of older backing boards as I change them out or usually I get extra cardboard in with comic shipments and I just cut those down if they don't fit already. I put some in the front, too, if the books in the front have a tendency to slouch at the bottom.

I fill up the free space with some large bubble wrap, styrofoam, or whatever is handy.

cat_long_box2_zpseh3jmo3n.jpg

Live ones doh! That might take care of the smell! :D

There were a bunch of suggestions in this thread...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9268249&fpart=1

Personally I had suggested some small flat rate boxes to fill in space and a couple of backing boards in front of it.

Another boardie said that he puts the box on end until it is full but it was pointed out that you can create a spine roll on a number of them doing that.