• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Amazing Fantasy 15 & Brexit

124 posts in this topic

With 2 copies of AF15, whoever it is sounds like a member of the elite. And like someone who's belief is they should be sold very soon.

Disclosure: I don't own a copy of AF15, but wish I still did. ;)

cool article bro - do you even have an Af15?

Yes. Two copies.

Do you own a lot of original art?

No

So you're not the member formerly known as Krazy Kat?

You're obsessed with this belief. For the gazillionth time - no !

Actually, it seems a 'commodity' (or collectible) like AF 15 where the largest market uses USD might be a good hedge again GBP devaluation. [As long as you're not selling to a Brit or eurolander of course.]

It could very well make an excellent hedge. I admit that I have mixed thoughts on this subject.

Even though I expect stagflation, I think the deflationary forces of the underlying economy might swamp the inflation.

Specifically, unlike Action 1 & Detective 27 which I think are in the strong hands of the truly wealthy, I think that Amazing Fantasy 15s resides in the collections of mostly the middle class.

If the middle class need to put food on the table, Amazing Fantasy 15s will come out of the woodwork.

I actually agree with Peter that the economy is headed for major correction in the coming year or two. That said, I don't really care what happens to the value of my AF15. It might take a hit, but it will always have some value to it. Aside from Tec 27 and Action Comics, AF15 is probably the safest book to own as far as maintaining its value. I'd consider it the #3 book in this hobby.

Yes. Two copies.

No

Sure, but to my knowledge you've never addressed it directly.

You certainly do post A LOT like him.

Yes. Two copies.

No

so are you ABSOLUTELY sure you are not crazy cat ?

Yes. Two copies.

No

so are you ABSOLUTELY sure you are not crazy cat ?

lol

Maybe I should speak with my psychotherapist just to make sure :)

I just asked because KK used to post aggressively as a 'gold bug', and almost exclusively on topics of economics and original art.

You post almost exclusively in topics of gold, economics and original art (and even this AF #15 thread is a discussion on economics) and you have exactly the same posting and narrative style, hence why I asked.

I just asked because KK used to post aggressively as a 'gold bug', and almost exclusively on topics of economics and original art.

You post almost exclusively in topics of gold, economics and original art (and even this AF #15 thread is a discussion on economics) and you have exactly the same posting and narrative style, hence why I asked.

I know. You have now made that same point multiple times. Too much.

Even if you're not KK, you're every bit as charming.

Even if you're not KK, you're every bit as charming.

:blush:

Amazing fantasy 15 in cgc 7.5 goes from $7500 to $75,000 in 15 years

But when this global economy resets (and it will) based on true real disposable income.... I dunno about this book maintaining its value in the medium term

I don't think the comic book market has seen a secular bear market ever. Silver and golden age books have been steadily marching only upwards since fandom began.

Amazing fantasy 15 is such just 1 example. There are so many copies out there. The demand is there today but it's not a rare comic book by any stretch

Some people will sell out of necessity if the economy turns. And it's not Action 1 or Detective 27- which truly are rare

Remember price is set on the margin !!! ---->

Double entendre and pun not intended

tumblr_me23vdZIlv1qes4vwo1_500_zps688d9491.gif

It is true, but I would add that you need to take into account that less than 3% of Americans approaching retirement age have greater than $50K in their retirement savings ( USA Today )...

This means that there are likely people on this site who have >$10k tied-up in comics and to them a comic bubble bust could be far more impactful to their "retirement" than the stock market.

We often make the mistake of assuming that people are appropriately planning for the future or that they buy comics with disposable income post maximizing savings when the reality is that the opposite is true far more often.

Food for thought.

Really fair point, Speed. I would say if there are people that have decided to use discretionary spending on comics and decided that it would be their retirement, they would indeed be in trouble. Not because of the value per se, but because of how they have planned their financial futures (to your point). If so, the impact to their "retirement" is less so because of the downfall of comic values, but rather, because of their lack of financial planning. We buy comics because we love them, and sure, the value growth is a nice plus, but by no means should anyone be buying strictly comics for investment/retirement purposes. If you want to diversify your portfolio and part of that means fine art or other collectables, fine, but if someone has everything tied into one thing, I would seriously advise them to re-consider.

I see your point, however if one invested in the GA/SA/BA of the primo stuff since the year 2000 then yes investing in comics was a 500% over their $1 wise decision.

Stocks for me can't make me more $ than comics for the past 10 years.

It is true, but I would add that you need to take into account that less than 3% of Americans approaching retirement age have greater than $50K in their retirement savings ( USA Today )...

This means that there are likely people on this site who have >$10k tied-up in comics and to them a comic bubble bust could be far more impactful to their "retirement" than the stock market.

We often make the mistake of assuming that people are appropriately planning for the future or that they buy comics with disposable income post maximizing savings when the reality is that the opposite is true far more often.

Food for thought.

Really fair point, Speed. I would say if there are people that have decided to use discretionary spending on comics and decided that it would be their retirement, they would indeed be in trouble. Not because of the value per se, but because of how they have planned their financial futures (to your point). If so, the impact to their "retirement" is less so because of the downfall of comic values, but rather, because of their lack of financial planning. We buy comics because we love them, and sure, the value growth is a nice plus, but by no means should anyone be buying strictly comics for investment/retirement purposes. If you want to diversify your portfolio and part of that means fine art or other collectables, fine, but if someone has everything tied into one thing, I would seriously advise them to re-consider.

I see your point, however if one invested in the GA/SA/BA of the primo stuff since the year 2000 then yes investing in comics was a 500% over their $1 wise decision.

So much of comic book land is now priced to perfection and the underlying global economy is getting wobbly. Gonna get interesting.

Food for thought.

So much of comic book land is now priced to perfection and the underlying global economy is getting wobbly. Gonna get interesting.

Yeah the end is obviously near.

Let me know when people start working for free! Then AF 15's will also be free.

You know what Brexit means in the long run? Nothing.

Stupid people panic.

$ will be transferred from one bank account to another just as it always has.

Food for thought.

Yeah the end is obviously near.

Let me know when people start working for free! Then AF 15's will also be free.

You know what Brexit means in the long run? Nothing.

Stupid people panic.

$ will be transferred from one bank account to another just as it always has.

Nice mixture of straw man arguments and non sequiturs :golfclap: