• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
29 29

6,186 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Drgoldage said:

My wife and I visit Vegas often but went to college in 1978 and stayed in Nebraska . I’ve really enjoyed seeing all the great Planet’s out there and had time to finally share a few of my own . 

Thanks for sharing - great to have you aboard!

18 hours ago, Drgoldage said:

Haven’t found the elusive 13 or 14 got lucky with the 15 and another example of how color strikes vary I prefer the red dress to the orange but still love the cover and another green GargoyleGargoyle

image.jpg

Loving your collection (thumbsu

20 hours ago, Drgoldage said:

My wife and I visit Vegas often but went to college in 1978 and stayed in Nebraska . I’ve really enjoyed seeing all the great Planet’s out there and had time to finally share a few of my own . 

Awesome books.  The series of posts on your Planet 1 progression was a lot of fun.  Thanks for posting your books :foryou: 

4 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

The Planets are coming....:foryou::whistle:

In the next few days

Keep checking out HA.com/7244 

One can only imagine :smile:

2 hours ago, Spyder! said:

Nearly 3 years ago, I bought my first Planet Comics issue.  I was pretty much addicted immediately.  Over the following 9 months or so, I accumulated 66 of the 73 issues.  However, the 7 that I still needed were all hard to find rivet issues.  I lacked the funds to keep all 66 issues in my collection at that point and still pursue those remaining 7 rivets, so I decided to sell pretty much everything that was not a rivet issue in order to complete the 1-22 run.

A few months later, I had all 22 rivet issues!  :banana: However, I was far from completing the run, even if I did have most of the hardest ones to acquire.  I decided to keep my focus on the first 22 issues, rather than try to complete the run.  As a result of that focus, I upgraded my Planet 2, 3, 5, 6, 11, 15, 16, 18, 19, 20, 21, and 22. (thumbsu

I would occasionally purchase a non-rivet Planet, but never came close again to the full run.  Then I allowed myself to get distracted with those lovely early Fox books, and sold some Planets (not the rivets of course!) in order to pursue those.  I realized that I just couldn't continue to pursue both Fox and Fiction House at the same time.  A choice had to be made.  Fiction House won.

I am rededicating myself to the completion of the Planet Comics run.

This arrived today.  I now have 34/73 issues.  I've got a long way to go, but the journey sure is going to be fun!

You need help, and therapy will be a lot cheaper.  :nyah: