'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
20 20

3,811 posts in this topic

2,655 posts

 

43 minutes ago, SamPool said:

Out of curiosity, what do you base this on? 

 

8 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I know what Planets have been selling for privately over the last year. That price on the 2 was maybe $1500 under a full auction value. It is such a significant book to so many Planet collectors. 

I feel pretty in touch with the "market" on Planets and Baker books. I can say "whoever" bought that got a very fair but not crazy low price. 

Based on recent sales and overall trends in the really tough rivet books.  We know what the Church copy went for. I know what I paid for my 1.5.  

I agree with Rick, probably 15-20% lower than auction if I had to guess.

Is the “whoever” you Rick? :baiting:

255E7F49-E09F-4DA1-8EA9-5B33C2B9CCAD.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,366 posts
16 minutes ago, Mystafo said:

Hey I've got a little question for you Planet heads...have a look at this.  I was taking some interior cover pics upon request for a book I had listed when I noticed that pretty much every black line of the fc and bc (including all the little text at the bottom) showed what looked like a little bleedthrough.  Here's an excerpt from our pm:

"Ok here are some pics of the interior cover.  As I was taking the pics I noticed that there is what at first glance appears to be color touch bleedthrough which I never noticed.  However upon very close examination of the outside and inside of the cover with a loupe, I'm 99.9 percent sure it is not.  The marks on the inside cover correspond to every black line on the outside, even the tiny little text on the bc, bottom and under very close examination of the lettering and other black lines I can't see any evidence that they were written over.  I feel like it would be nearly impossible to go over EVERY solid black line on the fc and bc without smudging  or mucking up the tiny typed text.  Anyhoo, just wanted to preface with that as at first I was a little perturbed, lol"

Is this something you've seen before or could this possibly be resto?  Just seems implausible to me but...

DSC_0422.JPG

DSC_0423.JPG

DSC_0425.JPG

DSC_0426.JPG

Not unusual at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
266 posts
46 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I can say "whoever" bought that got a very fair but not crazy low price. 

Thank you.. It is very difficult to gauge a price on these books as they rarely make it to market, well in the last year or so, even though we joke around that #2 is common as dirt because of the listing on CC.

:baiting:By the way, you are quickly running out of room on your signature line, nice books.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16,151 posts
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, SamPool said:

Thank you.. It is very difficult to gauge a price on these books as they rarely make it to market, well in the last year or so, even though we joke around that #2 is common as dirt because of the listing on CC.

:baiting:By the way, you are quickly running out of room on your signature line, nice books.

 

:flamed: Don’t worry most of those will be gone by summer and replaced with new ones.  

At least that’s the way it’s gone in the past. I think I’m pretty zeroed in on some stuff that I’ll be holding for a longer period of time though. 

Edited by Ricksneatstuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,235 posts
3 hours ago, Mystafo said:

Hey I've got a little question for you Planet heads...have a look at this.  I was taking some interior cover pics upon request for a book I had listed when I noticed that pretty much every black line of the fc and bc (including all the little text at the bottom) showed what looked like a little bleedthrough.  Here's an excerpt from our pm:

"Ok here are some pics of the interior cover.  As I was taking the pics I noticed that there is what at first glance appears to be color touch bleedthrough which I never noticed.  However upon very close examination of the outside and inside of the cover with a loupe, I'm 99.9 percent sure it is not.  The marks on the inside cover correspond to every black line on the outside, even the tiny little text on the bc, bottom and under very close examination of the lettering and other black lines I can't see any evidence that they were written over.  I feel like it would be nearly impossible to go over EVERY solid black line on the fc and bc without smudging  or mucking up the tiny typed text.  Anyhoo, just wanted to preface with that as at first I was a little perturbed, lol"

Is this something you've seen before or could this possibly be resto?  Just seems implausible to me but...

DSC_0422.JPG

DSC_0423.JPG

DSC_0425.JPG

DSC_0426.JPG

PM sent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 posts

Does anyone have the AUSTRALIAN versions of PLANET COMICS and are willing to sell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,133 posts
On 1/9/2019 at 8:56 PM, Spyder! said:

It was a good day for Spyder! :whee:

A944AD1E-6D08-421F-82BF-5903E43433C4.jpeg

Wow! Where'd you scoop that up? Big congrats! Looks like you're pretty much in the home stretch now. 

You're gonna hold the record for completing a Planet run in the shortest period of time in history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16,151 posts
5 hours ago, Chickenwings said:

Planet Comics 69!  

E559D3DB-F1ED-45C4-8024-41FA8CCF4EA7.jpeg

You got one of the best deals of the auction. Congrats!

I was following so many at one time it slipped away- glad it went to a boardie. (thumbsu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,235 posts
On ‎2019‎/‎01‎/‎09 at 6:56 PM, Spyder! said:

It was a good day for Spyder! :whee:

A944AD1E-6D08-421F-82BF-5903E43433C4.jpeg

Grats!

Decent copy and it has pretty good colors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,235 posts
7 hours ago, Chickenwings said:

Planet Comics 69!  

E559D3DB-F1ED-45C4-8024-41FA8CCF4EA7.jpeg

grats! I admit I had the window for #69 open, At the beginning of the auction I think I had 17 windows open

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,235 posts
On ‎2019‎/‎01‎/‎10 at 4:16 AM, Dikko said:

Does anyone have the AUSTRALIAN versions of PLANET COMICS and are willing to sell

PM sent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,133 posts
14 hours ago, Chickenwings said:

Planet Comics 69!  

E559D3DB-F1ED-45C4-8024-41FA8CCF4EA7.jpeg

Gorgeous!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,655 posts
On 1/10/2019 at 8:52 PM, Zolnerowich said:

Wow! Where'd you scoop that up? Big congrats! Looks like you're pretty much in the home stretch now. 

You're gonna hold the record for completing a Planet run in the shortest period of time in history.

Thanks Zolne!

I purchased my first Planet less than 7 months ago. I may set the record for fastest to complete the run, but it will also be the lowest grade run ever assembled!  

Who knows how long it will take to finish though. Issues 3, 5, 7, and 9 are not easy to find.

Edited by Spyder!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
720 posts

:pullhair: where do you keep finding these!! lol .....congrats!:)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
20 20