'PLANET COMICS' (is deserving of its own thread)
23 23

3,893 posts in this topic

14,395 posts
8 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Just picked up a nice mid grade PC #21. Didn’t realize just how rare some of these can be, but the art is awesome!

B32F90C9-6A85-46B0-8CE3-F74092D55658.jpeg

Such a cool issue, Hunt Bowman (origin) and The Lost World begins but CGC doesn’t indicate such on their label (unfortunately).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20,012 posts
3 minutes ago, IngelsFan said:

After a few decades of collecting I bought my first Planet and it arrived today:

A0701B10-C0FE-4ED0-BCCA-1AC6D060FEFA.jpeg

Wow, nice one to start with. An an English copy to boot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19,545 posts
21 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Wow, nice one to start with. An an English copy to boot?

Yep - black and white interiors. Scarce as hens teeth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,719 posts
1 hour ago, IngelsFan said:

After a few decades of collecting I bought my first Planet and it arrived today:

A0701B10-C0FE-4ED0-BCCA-1AC6D060FEFA.jpeg

(worship)(worship)(worship)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,395 posts

And... the Church Planet 7 pops up on Worldwide’s site, $14.5k (the Church Planet 9 is still available for $15k). :whee:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29,120 posts

Apology time..... I incorrectly linked Enrico Bagnoli to the Planet 53 Futura story.... his run didn't begin until # 54 …… sorry folks. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33,525 posts
On 3/21/2019 at 10:17 PM, sacentaur said:

Such a cool issue, Hunt Bowman (origin) and The Lost World begins but CGC doesn’t indicate such on their label (unfortunately).

The Hunt Bowman/Lost World series of stories are my favourite in the PLANET run. I have a theory that George Lucas read these books at some stage because the character of Yoda in terms of speech pattern was derived from these stories. If not then its the most unlikely of coincidences. Of course only those who actually read the stories would know this. :smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19,545 posts
1 hour ago, G G said:

The Hunt Bowman/Lost World series of stories are my favourite in the PLANET run. I have a theory that George Lucas read these books at some stage because the character of Yoda in terms of speech pattern was derived from these stories. If not then its the most unlikely of coincidences. Of course only those who actually read the stories would know this. :smile:

Read them I did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19,545 posts

They aren't mine [I'm keeping mine] but there are fairly high grade Planets #23 and #28 listed on Worldwide in case anyone needs them. Prices are pretty good in my estimation [for whatever that's worth]  so maybe worth a look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
136 posts
13 minutes ago, Flex Mentallo said:

They aren't mine [I'm keeping mine] but there are fairly high grade Planets #23 and #28 listed on Worldwide in case anyone needs them. Prices are pretty good in my estimation [for whatever that's worth]  so maybe worth a look.

I purchased the 23 at C2E2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
317 posts
2 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

I finally landed issue 3! :banana:

Now I only have issue 5 left to complete the rivet run.

06E4728D-FF15-42E3-B29C-FB3A261659A5.jpeg

CONGRATS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,199 posts
On 3/23/2019 at 1:29 AM, sacentaur said:

And... the Church Planet 7 pops up on Worldwide’s site, $14.5k (the Church Planet 9 is still available for $15k). :whee:

I saw the 7 and 9 at Worldwide's booth at C2E2. They're handsome looking books for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,199 posts
3 hours ago, Spyder! said:

I finally landed issue 3! :banana:

Now I only have issue 5 left to complete the rivet run.

06E4728D-FF15-42E3-B29C-FB3A261659A5.jpeg

Ever closer to the rivet finish line!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33,525 posts

Planet #34 now uploaded to GRR

Planets 1 thru' 34 now fully uploaded.

 

0.jpg

2.jpg

18.jpg

22.jpg

30.jpg

38.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
23 23