• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Record Magazine Prices - Throw out your Overstreet Guide!
11 11

1,155 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Jayman said:

I have a strong feeling we will consider these bargain prices 3 years from now! :gossip:

16 hours ago, oakman29 said:

I tend to agree with you.

Especially when you look at the market right now for "Great Covers".  Many of those that exist in the golden age and early silver which have attractive horror covers or woman in peril are replicated in the Magazine format.  The icing on the cake is the Art inside and the stories present.  

Magazines in terms of price are peanuts to these books yet offer nearly equal entertainment both in terms of covers and interior content (if not exceeding in most cases).

The biggest hurdle for most is a mental one, and that is the actual size format.  But I've find that I really enjoy the more heft and size of the Magazine format over Comic Books.  2c :blahblah:

2 hours ago, bounty_coder said:

The biggest hurdle for most is a mental one, and that is the actual size format.  But I've find that I really enjoy the more heft and size of the Magazine format over Comic Books.  2c :blahblah:

If most don't jump that hurdle, they are mental! :sumo:

Bigger IS better!(thumbsu

Edited by Jayman
Emphasis!

I just sold Savage Tales #1 CGC 9.6 WP for $1400, according to GPA it's the second highest price ever recorded.

The highest price was 1495 July 11 2004 - but back then Census was really low in numbers. So there may be increased interests in these great mags hm

Spoiler

savagetales1front.thumb.jpg.3f9fcb89ee1f5321eaf31f2a10825920.jpg

Reason for selling was simply that I have two of these mags in 9.6 WP and one in 9.8, and I don't need that many. 

Edited by Rune

3 hours ago, Rune said:

I just sold Savage Tales #1 CGC 9.6 WP for $1400, according to GPA it's the second highest price ever recorded.

The highest price was 1495 July 11 2004 - but back then Census was really low in numbers. So there may be increased interests in these great mags hm

Reveal hidden contents

savagetales1front.thumb.jpg.3f9fcb89ee1f5321eaf31f2a10825920.jpg

Reason for selling was simply that I have two of these mags in 9.6 WP and one in 9.8, and I don't need that many. 

Do you have another one laying around for sale? :wishluck:

3 hours ago, Amazing Spidey said:

Do you have another one laying around for sale? :wishluck:

Yes and no hm My 9.6 is WP and my 9.8 is OW-W, and the 9.6 looks just as good to my eyes as the 9.8 - so I can't make up my mind if I want to sell the 9.6 hm I'll be happy to let you know if I decide to sell it.

Spoiler

SS1-2.JPG.fafa21e1f682de1aa8cdb2aca91da4e5.JPG

Edited by Rune

On 7/3/2017 at 10:17 AM, manetteska said:

Of course it has fallen off of eBay's Completed page (if someone knows how to find it, let us know), but I *think* the auction price on the 9.2 is more than what D&A were asking for it as a BIN.

Once I saw the auction pass $1500 -- which was pretty quick -- I knew it wasn't for me.

Is this a second Vampi #1 9.2 by D&A or did the first buyer not pay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vampirella-1-CGC-9-2-OW-W-Origin-1st-Appearance-of-Vamiprella-Frazetta-/391864689149?hash=item5b3cf4a1fd:g:~g4AAOSwHaZZk1Gh

Interesting that the copy which sold around 7/3 is nowhere to be found on eBay...

On 8/18/2017 at 0:28 PM, manetteska said:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vampirella-1-CGC-9-2-OW-W-Origin-1st-Appearance-of-Vamiprella-Frazetta-/391864689149?hash=item5b3cf4a1fd:g:~g4AAOSwHaZZk1Gh

Interesting that the copy which sold around 7/3 is nowhere to be found on eBay...

No.  It's the same copy that supposed to have sold for 2k+ last month.  Either the buyer didn't pay or the book was returned.  I actually bid on that one myself via my phone app, but was *very* glad I didn't win after I got home and got a good look at the scan.  There's something really wrong about this book.  I've seen much, much nicer copies with lower grades than this.  The spine scuffing (or vertical creasing) is really bad on this book, especially in the upper, left corner.  This might have been a really bad roll crease that got pressed out.  From just the image alone, I would have graded it a 6.0-7.0 at best if I hadn't had seen the label. 

6 minutes ago, Brian48 said:

No.  It's the same copy that supposed to have sold for 2k+ last month.  Either the buyer didn't pay or the book was returned.  I actually bid on that one myself via my phone app, but was *very* glad I didn't win after I got home and got a good look at the scan.  There's something really wrong about this book.  I've seen much, much nicer copies with lower grades than this.  The spine scuffing (or vertical creasing) is really bad on this book, especially in the upper, left corner.  This might have been a really bad roll crease that got pressed out.  From just the image alone, I would have graded it a 6.0-7.0 at best if I hadn't had seen the label. 

Considering this originally sold on eBay, how was it scrubbed from the Completed/Sold listings?

I saw a similar thing happen with an item I bought from Metropolis when I tried to go back and look at the original listing.

1 hour ago, manetteska said:

Considering this originally sold on eBay, how was it scrubbed from the Completed/Sold listings?

I saw a similar thing happen with an item I bought from Metropolis when I tried to go back and look at the original listing.

Maybe the seller asked that it be removed?  Not sure how that works, but now that you've mentioned it, it's missing from my "Ended" listing as well.  I still have a link to the original listing PRIOR the one that sold for 2k+ though.  Definitely the same book from the same seller. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/332252460840?ul_noapp=true

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

On 8/18/2017 at 9:28 AM, manetteska said:

Somebody is getting a good deal.

On 8/18/2017 at 9:28 AM, manetteska said:

The Vampi 1 closed strong.