• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This Gem

61 posts in this topic

Short answer? I was stoked, over reacted, and to be even more honest proud of my find..Just wanted to share it with fellow comic collectors..I screwed up, over reacted and didn't think it through

No need to over-apologize.

Most of my questions were legit.

Also, many, many noobs who find this place have similar reactions such as yours. It's like a kid in a candy store.

al]Yeah, they're a bit stricter here than other places about keeping things on topic and, more importantly, in the right forum[/b].

So this book or your admiration of DD or this cover in particular would've *probably* been better received in the "please grade me" (e.g. if you want to know if 9,4 or 9.6) or "Silver Age" forum - probably already a DD thread to show off the nice batch you got.

:roflmao:

Funniest post in the thread!

Hi,

Nice pick up on the books, they do look to be in great shape.

If you would like to see what the grade consensus of the forum is, post the one you think is in the best shape in the Please Grade My forum thread found here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=50&page=1

Scan the front and back of the book and post it.

These forums have a LOT of experience in comics.

You may be surprised

I can't believe I found such a minty collection of DD issues...I will post more pics later but IMHO I think this is a very sharp issue...May CGC it with the others...No chips, dings, wrinkles, lots of gloss. white'ish pages..

I remember buying that issue off the stands and I own a very nice raw copy of it ...... it's a favorite book of mine. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Thanks a bunch. I think I got the photo sizing thing figured out as well. I think they are pretty minty I will get more pics and share them on the CORRECT section.... I'm gonna sell them, I really want to fund finding that AMS 50 in pristine shape lol

Thanks a bunch. I think I got the photo sizing thing figured out as well. I think they are pretty minty I will get more pics and share them on the CORRECT section.... I'm gonna sell them, I really want to fund finding that AMS 50 in pristine shape lol

Look in here to learn how to post larger photos.

I go to a lot of flea markets, yard sales, since I retired from the military .I found these in file folder in with a bunch of Time magazines for sale at a flea market today. I asked the lady how much, she said give me 10 bucks. I said gladly, and here we are

8) Realize some losers on this board have been here 14+ years and have seen every manner of sales pitch, "gee whiz look what I found in a collection" post, and every other not-trying-to-sell-this-ok-yes-I-am post.

:hi:

8) Realize some losers on this board have been here 14+ years and have seen every manner of sales pitch, "gee whiz look what I found in a collection" post, and every other not-trying-to-sell-this-ok-yes-I-am post.

:hi:

Happy Anniversary!!!!

I go to a lot of flea markets, yard sales, since I retired from the military .I found these in file folder in with a bunch of Time magazines for sale at a flea market today. I asked the lady how much, she said give me 10 bucks. I said gladly, and here we are

Welcome to the board!

Books look great!

That's a sweet score for $10