• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink auction starts tonight ...

583 posts in this topic

If I'd known the copy of #6 was going to finish at just $200.00 above guide I might have made a run on it. Not really into Centaurs but I always liked that hand grabbing sub cover. :)

Is anyone else surprised that #26 didn't get closer to the 10k figure?

#22 has a great cover going for it so not to surprised with it given its rarity in the market.

Honestly I thought 6K was a strong price for the Aman 26 ...no reason for it to approach 10?

Basing it on the fact a restored 3.0 sold for just $700.00 less six years ago?

Seems like a pretty slow climb in value when compared to the rest of the market to me.

But I yield to the expert if you think that's a strong price. ;)

the diff is that there were 4 of us hot and heavy for a copy then. Since then 3 copies have come up so that has lessened demand greatly relative

Bat 1 restored (married & trimmed centerfold) 1.5 went for 21,750. In line with current market or is this higher than expected?

Seems high. My guess is someone got tired of outbid notices and decided to make sure they won that one.

Better be some more nice run ups before the auction ends cuz' I see a lot of stuff across the board at bargain prices still.

I would imagine it depends on the book in question.

Looks like many of them stayed right where they were and did not moved at all by the end of the auction. (shrug)

If I'd known the copy of #6 was going to finish at just $200.00 above guide I might have made a run on it. Not really into Centaurs but I always liked that hand grabbing sub cover. :)

Is anyone else surprised that #26 didn't get closer to the 10k figure?

#22 has a great cover going for it so not to surprised with it given its rarity in the market.

Honestly I thought 6K was a strong price for the Aman 26 ...no reason for it to approach 10?

Basing it on the fact a restored 3.0 sold for just $700.00 less six years ago?

Seems like a pretty slow climb in value when compared to the rest of the market to me.

But I yield to the expert if you think that's a strong price. ;)

the diff is that there were 4 of us hot and heavy for a copy then. Since then 3 copies have come up so that has lessened demand greatly relative

(thumbs u

Black Cat 50 CGC 8.5 $9867 :o

:ohnoez:

My pre-auction prediction was you needed at least $7500 to be a serious bidder and I thought it could tickle $10k. It has been a while since a copy became available and given how much "cover" collecting has exploded in the last 6 months, not a surprise.

Black Cat 50 CGC 8.5 $9867 :o

That book has been undervalued forever. Glad to see it's finally starting to catch up with some of the other GA classic covers. Did not expect that final bid price though!

Upgrade to my ungraded copy.

batman43.jpg

Really happy to have this copy but had to pay crazy money for it, maybe even enough I will sell my under copy.

batman52.jpg

The two books I really want are on the last day. Praying people have exhaustion from all the high prices by then :wishluck:

Congrats. Brilliant colors on that 43.

I have All Winners #19 on my radar in the future.

Tonight's 6.5 finished about $700.00 BELOW guide.

Is that a result of this auction or is this book in less demand these days? ???

No, that's just to throw some cold water on the mistaken impression that the entire GA market is red hot and on fire right now.

I believe the All-Winners title have been sitting in the collectors' doghouse for several years now and I guess it's still ensconced in there for now. Similar to how the Wonder Woman titles, including All-Star 8, were unable to achieve guide for several years back then, but just look at it now. (shrug)

As collectors of these books, we naturally tend to focus in on the highlight sales winners and not bother to pay much attention to the ones that performed poorly. hm

Bat 1 restored (married & trimmed centerfold) 1.5 went for 21,750. In line with current market or is this higher than expected?

Seems high. My guess is someone got tired of outbid notices and decided to make sure they won that one.

What was the eye-appeal? At 1.5 how much does one really care if the centerfold is married and trimmed?If it had halfway decent eye-appeal and PQ it might have been a deal.

Amazing Man #26 $7060.00.

That's a deal for someone.

Yes, looks like it only did a shade better than the restored copy that sold on CL several years ago. So much for some of the predictions that this copy would go for somewhere in the $10K to $15K range. :P