• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink auction starts tonight ...

583 posts in this topic

Beautiful high grade Four Colors going for big bucks. Yes I said four color.

Yeah, that was a fabulous collection. A number of Center Valley copies. Not sure that the consignor was well served having them all in one auction, though. I would have bid higher if there hadn't been so many of them.

I thought for sure I was going to win that 9.4 Tillie the Toiler (132). Nope.

I like CLink quite a lot as a venue for consigning books. But I think the consignor ended up leaving a lot of dough on the table with these books. Early high-grade FCs don't come around too often making it difficult to gauge likely hammer prices. I put in some snipes but only one came home.

The books would have done better spread across at least a couple of auctions. They would also have done better on CC or HA where continued bidding would have been possible.

My take at any rate. But congrats to the winners for picking up such great books!

$3300 for a JIM #1 in 4.5. Yikes

Is that low or high? I don't keep track of that one.

GPA shows last one was 1900 in Dec, 2014.

There are a number of other sales in the same grade since then - they weren't anywhere near 3300. Most right around 2000- 2400.

Was second highest on five of the high grade Jungles. Those were some nice books. If I had not spent so much this week I would have taken my stand with 2 or 3 of them. :sumo:

More chance to get some in November. Real nice Jungles and Wings in the next Featured Auction link

Beautiful high grade Four Colors going for big bucks. Yes I said four color.

Indeed! Good to see. Color me surprised!

Not sure if its big bucks, but depends on how you look at it.

Although the prices were high, most of them still did not manage to hit condition guide prices which they probably should have, since virtually all of them were either pedigree copies or file copies. (shrug)