• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hunting the 6 variants of Batman 457 (1st Tim Drake ROBIN)
8 8

511 posts in this topic

On 8/17/2023 at 2:00 PM, danlewski said:

Is this something that CGC just won't do?

Yes.

Has anyone else had the error noted on their label???

No.

How can I get them to add it?

Good luck.

CGC's notes for the issue can be found in the Census entry for the issue here.

By the way, CGC does not take kindly to images of their competitor's products being posted on here. You might want to edit your post and remove it.

lol By the looks of it, it is a keepsake, just the feed I've seen only shows slabs sell of newsstand and the 2nd print is the money maker.

Ah well, it is a vg copy anyway, I guess I just need to read up if the "000" is all copies, and or, what makes that affect, if anything. :cheers: 

What's throwing me is the Newsstand with the indicia error is not on this list...

received_1986511341723567.jpeg

Edit to say they don't even break out the newsstands of 000 indicia, and it's only the

457 indicia of the Newsstand 2nd print preferred but c'est la vie. :cheers:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/21/2023 at 4:09 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Was this ever a thing? Been a long time since I read the thread, it's a beater for a keepsake, but I'm not sure if the 000 is all newsstands that are or aren't the 2nd.print? Lol

Idk

IMG_20230921_150604813.jpg

IMG_20230921_150648197.jpg

I can tell you that the Batman 457 newsstand with the 000 code IS hard to find.   Not as hard as the 2nd print newsstand, but still difficult to find.

On 9/22/2023 at 12:36 PM, Cpt Kirk said:

I can tell you that the Batman 457 newsstand with the 000 code IS hard to find.   Not as hard as the 2nd print newsstand, but still difficult to find.

It's appreciated 👍

It's only a vg or reader copy, comparable sales aren't much in low grade, but I got it for $5 on whim. It's up for grabs if it ever picks up in price lol

I went to a toy show and saw it, it was still there when I went back the next month, and for $5 lol. :takeit:

In short Idk what it is worth, but for a momento I'll take it. :)

On 9/21/2023 at 4:29 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

What's throwing me is the Newsstand with the indicia error is not on this list...

received_1986511341723567.jpeg

Edit to say they don't even break out the newsstands of 000 indicia, and it's only the

457 indicia of the Newsstand 2nd print preferred but c'est la vie. :cheers:

That statement above was in error and I could see why it would have been confusing to you, @ADAMANTIUM.   It should read like this:

1.  Direct sales - 457 indicia (common, by the way)

2.  Direct sales - 000 indicia (common)

3.  Newsstand - 457 indicia (common)

4.  Newsstand - 000 indicia (rare)

5. Direct sales - 2nd print (common)

6. Newsstand - 2nd  print (very rare but easily found now that the prices are through the roof - it looks like are 6 on ebay now - a raw one currently has bid for $330, 100+ bids, and 2 days left on auction)

Happy hunting!

Edited by Cpt Kirk

On 9/22/2023 at 12:41 PM, Cpt Kirk said:

That statement above was in error and I could see why it would have been confusing to you, @ADAMANTIUM.   It should read like this:

1.  Direct sales - 457 indicia (common, by the way)

2.  Direct sales - 000 indicia (common)

3.  Newsstand - 457 indicia (common)

4.  Newsstand - 000 indicia (rare)

5. Direct sales - 2nd print (common)

6. Newsstand - 2nd  print (very rare but easily found now that the prices are through the roof - it looks like are 6 on ebay now - a raw one currently has bid for $330, 100+ bids, and 2 days left on auction)

Happy hunting!

ya that chart was from site I'm unfamiliar with called CBSI. Idk it, most of my "knowledge" comes from here, and what you stated was what I remember, but again, I think the online and sales get confused.

Everyone remembers 2nd print newsstand, and while I agree more have been found, it is the one people latched onto lol but I'm glad to have been corrected :cheers: