• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman Adventures #12 Con Variant Confusion

13 posts in this topic

I'm a little late to the game on these, but I'm trying to figure out these darn BA12 Con variants. I'm trying to figure out the difference between all these. Some have one Johnboy cover version, others have another Johnboy cover, but they seem to come from the same convention name? Some are from Fan Expo Canada and some Fan Expo Dallas it seems? Also, there's identical covers but with a different DC Logo, but also come from the same convention? I saw Beachbum selling one version for $2,000, so I'm guessing there are indeed rarer versions of these. Can someone with a firmer grasp on these help me out?

the new dc variant is from the Toronto Fan Expo show from September.

Rumor is that only 250 copies were made available which means its possible this could be released in the future at another Fan Expo show or it could just be that only one case was printed.

No facts have really been presented past this.

Here's the thing SOME FOIL covers are also printed with the DC Rebirth logo as well..so where's the mistake?

It just depends when they were released. All the foil Rebirth titles are of course going to have the Rebirth logo and banner.

:cry: I just went this last weekend and traded at LCS my BA 12 reprints one color that seems to be the most common of the errors on the bay from the first (color/foil harley/batgirl/ivy--on cover--)go 'round-- and a foil one from the 2nd go 'round (just harley on cover).....for scrap

I didn't realize there was an error :cry: Maybe I can go today and see if he noticed it and buy them back ;)

:cry: I just went this last weekend and traded at LCS my BA 12 reprints one color that seems to be the most common of the errors on the bay from the first (color/foil harley/batgirl/ivy--on cover--)go 'round-- and a foil one from the 2nd go 'round (just harley on cover).....for scrap

I didn't realize there was an error :cry: Maybe I can go today and see if he noticed it and buy them back ;)

The error is only from the first cover. Check this thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9351889&fpart=1

ya thanks, I shared a lot of the opinions of that thread...I was kinda getting lost in "variant world" since I picked up that first color BA12 ® at the Dallas comiccon last June that is why I traded for something else lol but I'd like to have that one back if the one I gave was an error, I don't own a price variant or error period (I know this one is a "logo") it'd just be nice if it was and if I got it back and graded etc. ( a lot of if's) just to have something unique :eek:

It's weird that the first modern variant that I pick up could have been an error....

There's a foil version with the "error" logo too. Seems more common, but still rarer. I guess the question is, is it really an error if two versions have the rebirth DC logo?

The new printing of the MegaCon FOIL was printed with the new DC Rebirth Logo for Fan Expo Toronto with a 1000 print run (same as MegaCon) - this book WAS ordered for the show and put out for sale. There was no error when it came to this foil book.

There was another box discovered after the show had opened with 250 copies of the color cover from Megacon with the new DC Rebirth Logo. The box was labeled with an august 2016 production date. There was only one box. After some discussion they decided to put it up for sale and if it ended up being something rare the collectors would have something cool. No other box was ever discovered. They did not order this printing. I don't know if they ever did a count of the foils to see if they received 750 of them instead of the 1000 ordered and accidentally ended up with 250 regular color (750 Foil/250 color)

This is what I know from being there firsthand.

Rarest 'modern' Harley

Picked up a few cheap on eBay when the show started. Have there been any confirmed CGC sales yet? I know a raw sold for $400-500 on eBay IIRC when the news broke but still copies available. I think this one will pop eventually as they dry up or CBSI draws attention to it, which I am guessing they will at some point as they are usually on top of things quickly.

Going to get interesting soon...

http://fanexpostore.com/

there is a new set!!

How many variants are they going to come up with.....?

I've caught myself thinking about ASM 129 and how there are reprints CGC'd that go for a couple hundred and thought that is the only reason that ASM 129 in low grade doesn't go for less...

How many reprints or "variants" is BA going to have? Do you think that they are hurting/helping BA 12 first print's future?

La Mole reprints haven't hurt the real deal variants yet (Wolvie #1 Campbell, ASM 678, etc). It seems to add to the aura of the original from what I can tell. It may be a little apples and oranges, but look at the AC 1 reprints over the years, didn't seem to affect the value of the real deal #1 comic in history. Which btw, is featured (a reprint I'm sure) in a couple quick scenes in The Account (thumbs u

Jerome