• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Venom 1:1000 Variants

44 posts in this topic

If that is the cover, I think that it was used...Amazing Spiderman 299 last panel lol

with different colors? around it? on the cover? hmmm.....??

or are you saying that it has not been released yet? I don't really know because when I looked at the website to check it out, the cover wasn't released yet...

the link to fleabay as posted earlier looks like the stock photo I saw when I looked it up the first time and if that is the cover that is "Todd Mcfarlane" then it is an exact reprint of the last panel in ASM 299 so idk

I mean in the panel in 299 it was the first full body appearance of venom all but his feet just like I'm seeing on this cover, and if it is on this cover 1:1000....

Yeah the cover is just a rehash of a panel Todd did...apparently he isn't thrilled with Marvel using that recolored early line work of his and using his name to sell it. Though he really doesn't have a lot of say in the matter I suppose.

My understanding and I could be wrong, is the image that you see on the books on ebay was originally a cover for an issue in his Amazing run that did not get used. It is being recolored and used now. Anyone else have any insight?

It's the first Venom panel from ASM #299, recolored.

My understanding and I could be wrong, is the image that you see on the books on ebay was originally a cover for an issue in his Amazing run that did not get used. It is being recolored and used now. Anyone else have any insight?

It's the first Venom panel from ASM #299, recolored.

lol Yep, sure is now that I see it again. Does this give away who the next Venom will be? Could it e Eddie Brock again? hm

Jerome

Yeah the cover is just a rehash of a panel Todd did...apparently he isn't thrilled with Marvel using that recolored early line work of his and using his name to sell it. Though he really doesn't have a lot of say in the matter I suppose.

Nope. He doesn't.

He wouldn't BE "TODD MCFARLANE!!!!" if it wasn't for Marvel, so he doesn't have much room to complain.

That's the price he paid for the fame (and riches) he got.

I didn't like this cover when it was originally posted a month or so again, and I still don't like it at all. It looks like a cheap store variant from the mid-00's before Marvel had it's store variant program going. The background clashes with the art like it was some clip art that they photo-shopped a recolored panel over top of.

I didn't like this cover when it was originally posted a month or so again, and I still don't like it at all. It looks like a cheap store variant from the mid-00's before Marvel had it's store variant program going. The background clashes with the art like it was some clip art that they photo-shopped a recolored panel over top of.

Agreed, a sketch cover would probably have looked the best.

They are going to crash the comic market again. This is recycled art on a prismatic cover? They are trying to get almost 2k for it on ebay? This is a bad direction for comics. Companies are now trying to capitalize on the increases in some modern variants by charging 100 or more up front for a brand new comic. The variants that have sky rocketed came out at cover price and have gone up because of the art and the supply demand factor, not artificially.

What would have been cool is if mcfarlane agreed to do new venom art and it could have been a variant but at cover price 2.99 and let the public determine it's end value over time.

They are going to crash the comic market again. This is recycled art on a prismatic cover? They are trying to get almost 2k for it on ebay? This is a bad direction for comics. Companies are now trying to capitalize on the increases in some modern variants by charging 100 or more up front for a brand new comic. The variants that have sky rocketed came out at cover price and have gone up because of the art and the supply demand factor, not artificially.

What would have been cool is if mcfarlane agreed to do new venom art and it could have been a variant but at cover price 2.99 and let the public determine it's end value over time.

Capitalism FTL.

Jerome

Well, compared to the feebay prices on this 1:1000, it actually might be a deal to buy a sketch. And it won't look like badly photoshopped old art with a clip art background.

Well, compared to the feebay prices on this 1:1000, it actually might be a deal to buy a sketch. And it won't look like badly photoshopped old art with a clip art background.

Yea, not one has sold. Although I'm considering this reverse error copy...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VENOM-1-TODD-McFARLANE-1-1000-VARIANT-AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-300-COMIC-KINGS-/162256782359?hash=item25c7420417:g:MFgAAOSwImRYEUpe

Yes, you want a real variant cover? Get McFarlane to MAKE one. This recycled BS is just that, BS

Oh, why didn't I think of that. His last sketch only went for $1,600. Guess I'll start checking the couch cushions now.

Lummox. Talking about Marvel getting him to make one. Sounds to me they just found some back work of his and put stupid holofoil around it.