• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teen Humor--Anything but Archie
12 12

3,276 posts in this topic

On 1/7/2018 at 8:10 AM, Mr. Lady Luck said:

A good rule of thumb...

If Millie's thighs are wide enough to cause the mylar to split, it's DeCarlo art and it's worth a fortune.

That's a pretty good rule of thumb.  Also, the legs could tend to be knock kneed.  There are a number of non Millie covers that I believe are DeCarlo as well.  The only signed artwork I've seen of his for Timely was for Millie and Irma but I think he did quite a bit more for them as well.  Here are a few that I think are his work:

Margie-49a-t_zps45088e8d.jpg

hedy36010-t_zpsf8tfugoh.jpg

Oscar13071_zpskur4kclt.jpg

4 minutes ago, lotemo said:

That's a pretty good rule of thumb.  Also, the legs could tend to be knock kneed.  There are a number of non Millie covers that I believe are DeCarlo as well.  The only signed artwork I've seen of his for Timely was for Millie and Irma but I think he did quite a bit more for them as well.  Here are a few that I think are his work:

I am loving that Oscar!! 

10 hours ago, lotemo said:

I'm pretty certain those are all DeCarlo covers. And they're beautiful books too! (thumbsu

6 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Mailman brought me another Binky! I was very surprised to get this for the opening bid on the bay.

comleaveittobinky34.jpg

DC GGA books are starting to look underpriced compared to everything else.

Photo-bucket just edited this comic out of my account and reprimanded me for posting images that don't meet their terms and conditions. Of all the comics in my library they picked this one to complain about? I've got a folder with a lot of underground comics on there and wouldn't be surprised if they censored those, but what is there about this cover that would cause problems?

224993.jpg.1a55f40d742351db6138e487cb3552bb.jpg

Edited by Montezuma
remove extra image

5 hours ago, Montezuma said:

Photo-bucket just edited this comic out of my account and reprimanded me for posting images that don't meet their terms and conditions. Of all the comics in my library they picked this one to complain about? I've got a folder with a lot of underground comics on there and wouldn't be surprised if they censored those, but what is there about this cover that would cause problems?

224993.jpg.1a55f40d742351db6138e487cb3552bb.jpg

Strange

14 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Strange

Photobucket deleted my scan of Betty and Veronica #68 for the same reason.  I never received a notification about it, it just shows up in my uploads as deleted due to not complying with terms and conditions.  

12 hours ago, PopKulture said:

Pretty strong prices, yes, but also books you don't run across too often. We're in a crazy market!  :whistle:

I'm pretty shocked.:whatthe:  I picked most of these up nearly a decade ago when no one wanted them.  For me, #8 was by far the toughest issue to find of the Mitzi books.   I wonder if they had sold a copy of #10 with the painted cover.  That one doesn't show up too often either.