• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's DEADPOOL 3 starring Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman (2024)
4 4

518 posts in this topic

Fingers crossed, but this did only a little to alleviate my primary concern which is that Ryan is just going to use all the same quips, puns, fourth-wall breaking, self-referential Marvel/Feige "jokes" and sight gags he used in Deadpool and then in Deadpool 2 in this movie (and, if I'm honest, playing the same character he plays in every movie, Marvel or not).  I am glad to see there appears to be some kind of actual story rather than just a gag reel involved.  Also appears to be another script that relies on being stuffed with characters to fill out the running time.

On 4/22/2024 at 9:54 AM, MattTheDuck said:

Fingers crossed, but this did only a little to alleviate my primary concern which is that Ryan is just going to use all the same quips, puns, fourth-wall breaking, self-referential Marvel/Feige "jokes" and sight gags he used in Deadpool and then in Deadpool 2 in this movie (and, if I'm honest, playing the same character he plays in every movie, Marvel or not).  I am glad to see there appears to be some kind of actual story rather than just a gag reel involved.  Also appears to be another script that relies on being stuffed with characters to fill out the running time.

i'll have to watch again, missed this

Ahead of the new trailer (watch below), Reynolds shared the post-credits scene from Deadpool 2 (2018), which showed Deadpool traveling through time to “clean up the timelines” — which included rectifying some mistakes from Reynolds’ own filmography. Among them was X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009), which starred Jackman and featured Reynolds as Wade Wilson. The film was widely panned, in particular for a climax that included Wade Wilson with his mouth sewn shut — a particularly affront to comic book fans given that Wilson is known for being such a talkative character.

“Eventually, you’re going to hang up the claws, and it’s going to make a lot of people very sad. But one day, your old pal Wade is going to ask you to get back in the saddle again. And when he does, say yes,” Deadpool told Logan in the Deadpool 2 post-credits scene.

Reynolds had long wanted Jackman to appear in a Deadpool film, and though Jackman retired from Wolverine with 2017’s Logan, the Australian actor eventually decided to return.

Shawn Levy is at the helm of the new movie, which arrives July 26 and marks Marvel Studios’ first R-rated film. Marvel boss Kevin Feige teased the project at CinemaCon earlier this month, where the usually clean-imaged executive brought out some F-bombs in honor of the R-rating.

Said Feige: “It’s :censored: awesome.”