• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I can't seem to treat new comics very nicely.

13 posts in this topic

I got Mylite2 bags and boards for my silver and bronze stuff, but new comics, although I don't read very many, the ones I do I don't seem to take good care of them.

Bought the first issue of Moonshine and read it in the car before work. Tossed it in the back seat when I was done and later in the week the dog sat on it. It's on the floor board and it's raining in LA now and someone put their wet feet on it. The 2nd issue is out now but I'm too lazy to buy it.

My Dark Knight Master Race issues, I can't even find….

I got Mylite2 bags and boards for my silver and bronze stuff, but new comics, although I don't read very many, the ones I do I don't seem to take good care of them.

Bought the first issue of Moonshine and read it in the car before work. Tossed it in the back seat when I was done and later in the week the dog sat on it. It's on the floor board and it's raining in LA now and someone put their wet feet on it. The 2nd issue is out now but I'm too lazy to buy it.

My Dark Knight Master Race issues, I can't even find….

This is an oddly refreshing post. It's nice to see someone treat modern comics as consumables rather than as fetish objects.

How was Moonshine #1 anyway? I have it somewhere but haven't got around to reading it yet.

Readable. Not good enough for me to buy issue #2, I guess. Today at my LCS spent my money on Seth's Dominion instead.

Bought the first issue of Moonshine and read it in the car before work. Tossed it in the back seat when I was done and later in the week the dog sat on it. It's on the floor board and it's raining in LA now and someone put their wet feet on it.

Not the end of the world. There's always the option of trading books in this condition in to Mile High for some NM credit.

Bought the first issue of Moonshine and read it in the car before work. Tossed it in the back seat when I was done and later in the week the dog sat on it. It's on the floor board and it's raining in LA now and someone put their wet feet on it.

Not the end of the world. There's always the option of trading books in this condition in to Mile High for some NM credit.

You guys want me to dig in the back of the car for that book and send it in to Mile High to see what kind of store credit I can get? What's the process? Just mail it in?

Can't. From Mile High website:

Can I trade/sell comics to you?

Certainly. Be advised, however, that we don't need many comics from 1980-present. We've been buying those issue s for years, and have many in great quantities. There are gaps in our inventory, however, which are easy to see by scanning through the issues we have available. If we don't presently list it as being in stock, we're probably willing to trade for it. We a lso are very actively seeking most comics from 1900-1978. Send us a list, including grades (please use our Grading Standards), and include a price you would wish to receive. Do not expect us to make offers for comics. You own it. You want to sell it. Tell us how much you want for it/them. We'll either say yes, no, or make a counter offer. But we do not make initial offers. A general guide is that we pay up to 50% (maximum) for Golden Age and Silver Age in Fine or NM condition. Everything else is less than 50% of our retail price. A large collection of 1960's material in lower grades will generally bring about 20-25% of our retail. Recent comics (1980-up) are consistently available to us in bulk for 7-10 cents each. We'll pay more much more than that for s elected "hot" books, but that depends on current demand, and our existing inventory. We also buy toys, cards, etc., but every transaction is subject to wheeling and dealing. We're as fair as we can be, but we have to live within our budgetary constraints.

Give us a try. We're tough about demanding that you give us an idea of what you'd like to get for your material, but we might also surprise you. We've been known on occasion to actually pay people more than they're asking! We really do try to be fair. That's how we've continued to grow steadily for 29 years!

This is an oddly refreshing post. It's nice to see someone treat modern comics as consumables rather than as fetish objects.

I was having a hamburger at Five Guys one lunchtime, and saw someone with a burger in one hand, and leafing through an issue of Grayson with the other. It warmed my heart... although it may have been the cholesterol talking...

Not everyone has the collecting gene, and it's nice to see.

I was having a hamburger at Five Guys one lunchtime, and saw someone with a burger in one hand, and leafing through an issue of Grayson with the other. It warmed my heart... although it may have been the cholesterol talking...

Not everyone has the collecting gene, and it's nice to see.

When I first "returned" to comics in 2001 I bought moderns for about 4 years

I insisted on reading them in a comfortable way... without any restriction

I would then always put them in the paper recycling

In addition, my baby son tried to eat a copy of Final Crisis no.1

Awesome! This is how a back-issue market is created

! We can't all 9.8 slab every new thing and read nothing! (Well, we can, but then nothing will be scarce in grade and we won't know the contents so we will have no idea what the keys are because we won't know what happened and who was introduced...Free Comic Book Day needs to become Free Comic Book to Read with a Greasy Cheeseburger Day!)