• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Good, Bad or Indifferent, What is your last purchase for 2016?

121 posts in this topic

It's been another year. There is a thread about your best purchase of the year. Since I don't remember and can hardly compete anyway, I thought I start one about your LAST purchase for 2016.

It can be great or boring or what ever but what is your last purchase for this year?

I am officially done. I won't be buying anything 'till 2017. Here is mine from a recent cool boardie's recent sale. (He even took my lower offer, many thanks!)

If you aren't done like Ricksneatstuff, you can wait a week. (just pulling your Santa hat Rick!)

UonjEf5_zpswuq6uoiu.jpg

My last purchase of 2016

Picture Story Annual, Educational Projects Inc. Undated but most likely 1944-5. This may be one of the rarest of all the Canadian Whites, the comics published in Canada during the second world war. This one-shot annual, which collects three issues (without covers) of the long-running Canadian Heroes comic by Educational Projects.

This is also apparently a variant. Of the images I have seen of two of the three other copies, there is a cover price of 25 cents in the circle below "192 pages." On this copy the circle is blank. This is the only example of that variation, to my current knowledge. and the back cover is a subscription coupon for Canadian Heroes. The 25 cent version has a generic Canadian Heroes back cover. This copy is UNIQUE

_57_zpswdc8mtlc.jpg

_57%201_zpsfycgw4ba.jpg

I'm still tracking a ton of books so it's too soon to tell...my last purchase might very well be right before midnight on the 31st, lol.

Although, I have to admit, if by chance I don't pick up anything else this year, I'm incredibly happy with how my collecting pursuits have turned out, thanks in a large part to the boards.

This is probably my last 2016 pickup. Not an easy book to find by any stretch of the imagination, but I bought a nice one on eBay, traded it, and then lightning struck again and I was lucky enough to find a replacement almost immediately. Also from eBay. The comic gods shined on me that day.

zip%2032_zpsvv6ijeav.jpg

After missing out on a low grade copy, this real nice copy came along just a few days later. Even though it looks like a crazy killer clown, The Crimson Clown is actually an early masked hero that appeared in 18 stories between 1926 and 1944. His creator, Johnston McCulley, also created Zorro.

Detective Story Magazine, May 2 1931

Vfj7QtGh.jpg

This is probably my last 2016 pickup. Not an easy book to find by any stretch of the imagination, but I bought a nice one on eBay, traded it, and then lightning struck again and I was lucky enough to find a replacement almost immediately. Also from eBay. The comic gods shined on me that day.

zip%2032_zpsvv6ijeav.jpg

Awesome nazi zombies!

After missing out on a low grade copy, this real nice copy came along just a few days later. Even though it looks like a crazy killer clown, The Crimson Clown is actually an early masked hero that appeared in 18 stories between 1926 and 1944. His creator, Johnston McCulley, also created Zorro.

Vfj7QtGh.jpg

Cool cover. I like how he has a glass of whiskey in his hand.

Vfj7QtGh.jpg

Wow that's nice. A classic pulp. My fave CC cover!