which should i get....

17 posts in this topic

79 posts

for an early birthday present to myself-

im torn as I like both books

a 6.5 flash comics 90 with a cool baseball cover

or for about 100.00 more

a 8.5 'tec 113 with a cool batman at sea cover

like both -like higher grade dc gold but cant afford unless non-super villain issue

thanks and hope everyone had a happy holidays around here

cheers

45,444 posts
for an early birthday present to myself-

im torn as I like both books

a 6.5 flash comics 90 with a cool baseball cover

or for about 100.00 more

a 8.5 'tec 113 with a cool batman at sea cover

like both -like higher grade dc gold but cant afford unless non-super villain issue

thanks and hope everyone had a happy holidays around here

cheers

Personally, the Tec all day long (thumbs u

19,089 posts

Which character do you prefer?

Which cover do you prefer?

How much added satisfaction do you get from owning an 8.5 book vs. a 6.5 book, as opposed to content/character/cover?

15,123 posts

Had to look up both books and going by cover, I'd choose the Tec 113 myself. Cooler cover IMHO!

45,444 posts
Had to look up both books and going by cover, I'd choose the Tec 113 myself. Cooler cover IMHO!

That's how I arrived at my preference too :)

13,661 posts

If it was me and those were my two choices, I would go of the Detective 113. I love that cover.

24,949 posts

Easy choice. Detective (thumbs u

1,782 posts

I very much like the Flash with the baseball cover so it's a hard one for me but at the end of the day I prefer early Detective Comics so I would go for that one. The other reason is that OK you buy the Flash book but do you care about any other early Flash Comics? If the answer is no and you think you may buy other early TEC comics then again buy the TEC book.

This is the reasoning I used when I was going to buy that Flash book but then said to myself do I enjoy early Flash books in general or just this one and the answer was no I do not so for me just owning one early Flash book was simply to boring of a goal for me. I simply prefer the TEC series and would be very happy to own as many early issues as I can.

Edited by SupergirlDC1959

12,900 posts

I'd go with the Flash although I do like the Tec cover. Not sure if it is a measure of rarity but the Tec has 22 more graded copies on the census (counting the restored too). I don't even like baseball but the Flash cover is appealing.

2,662 posts

One of the last big logo Tecs - easy choice.

30,089 posts

The Tec doesn't really grab me..... are you committed to slabs, or are these raw ? .....if raw, I'd rather have a GA Batman.....all Batman inside..... the Flash is interesting, but I'm not sure why the 6.5 Flash is so close in price to the Detective @ 8.5..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Edited by jimjum12

10,804 posts

I'd go Tec too, unless you're a huge Flash fan with no GA flashes, or are trying to assemble a full run, or a collection of GA baseball-themed covers. Barring niche reasons, I think every "mainstream" reason leans Tec, except of course personal preference.

19,089 posts
The Tec doesn't really grab me..... are you committed to slabs, or are these raw ? .....if raw, I'd rather have a GA Batman.....all Batman inside..... the Flash is interesting, but I'm not sure why the 6.5 Flash is so close in price to the Detective @ 8.5..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Good point about the price. Checking both Heritage and ebay, these books should have rough parity in the same grade, so an unrestored 8.5 'Tec 113 should run about double what a 6.5 Flash 90 would, give or take.

79 posts

thank you

you've all given me wonderful opinions

I love these boards and the comroderey that it brings

you people are the best!

2,368 posts

I'd go with the Flash #90, based on its cover. Plus you get a Joe Kubert Hawkman story.

But at the end of the day, all that counts is which one you like more, IMHO! (thumbs u