• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,750 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, szavisca said:

Hard to follow up those rare early FH classics but ill try... got this rare in high grade possibly later FH book in the mail today thanks to a super classy boardie...the most classic of all the classic moose getting hit in the head with an oar covers for sure...

rangers45cgc92.jpg

W:xW

Congrats friend!

15 hours ago, szavisca said:

Hard to follow up those rare early FH classics but ill try... got this rare in high grade possibly later FH book in the mail today thanks to a super classy boardie...the most classic of all the classic moose getting hit in the head with an oar covers for sure...

rangers45cgc92.jpg

She needs to be written up for an ASPCA violation!

Yeah! Fiction House did swipe from there pulps a lot. Great stuff  nonetheless. I first seen it years ago in a issue of Comic Book Marketplace. What a great Fanzine/ Magazine esp. when Gary Carter was the Publisher. I have them all.

On 1/13/2019 at 12:36 PM, Robot Man said:

Lots of good Jungle pulps. Covers are every bit as great as their comic book counterparts. Many cover swipes between the pulp and comic book covers.

pulpjunglefall1950.jpg

pulpjunglespring.jpg

pulpjunglewinter.jpg

pulpjunglewinter1947.jpg

Those are awesome covers, those pulps o'yours. 

Dare I ask... are the stories any good?

On 1/13/2019 at 1:02 PM, PUNYHUMAN said:

Yeah! Fiction House did swipe from there pulps a lot. Great stuff  nonetheless. I first seen it years ago in a issue of Comic Book Marketplace. What a great Fanzine/ Magazine esp. when Gary Carter was the Publisher. I have them all.

Avon did something similar by recycling some of their paperback covers as comic covers. 

8 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Those are awesome covers, those pulps o'yours. 

Dare I ask... are the stories any good?

No one knows.  With most pulps, if you open the book, it disintegrates in your hands. :whatthe:

I'm kind of joking, but as I remember, a while back someone was selling pulps in the marketplace and his TOS said "No returns if you open the book."  He wasn't joking. 

Jon at Adventure House has been reprinting here and there some of the Ki-Gor - Jungle Stories in his High Adventure reprint series.

For example, the one above was reprinted a while ago in High Adventure # 119 - https://adventurehouse.com/shop/product/high-adventure-119/

ha119.jpg

I have a good number of the issues of High Adventure. I tried ONCE (and only ONCE) to read a Ki-Gor story … it didn't go well and I quit midway … Horrible … still didn't stop me from buying the pulp :facepalm:

880464627_JungleStories-Winter1947s.jpg.3bb895e38de5ff4e431e9b3bc3a3822f.jpg

9 hours ago, Scrooge said:

Jon at Adventure House has been reprinting here and there some of the Ki-Gor - Jungle Stories in his High Adventure reprint series.

For example, the one above was reprinted a while ago in High Adventure # 119 - https://adventurehouse.com/shop/product/high-adventure-119/

ha119.jpg

I have a good number of the issues of High Adventure. I tried ONCE (and only ONCE) to read a Ki-Gor story … it didn't go well and I quit midway … Horrible … still didn't stop me from buying the pulp :facepalm:

880464627_JungleStories-Winter1947s.jpg.3bb895e38de5ff4e431e9b3bc3a3822f.jpg

It's all about the cover :headbang:

12 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

No one knows.  With most pulps, if you open the book, it disintegrates in your hands. :whatthe:

I'm kind of joking, but as I remember, a while back someone was selling pulps in the marketplace and his TOS said "No returns if you open the book."  He wasn't joking. 

I was offered a Planet Stories #1 earlier this year and I was considering buying it until I asked if I could have a look inside. As I flipped through it the pages were disintegrating before my eyes. Little pieces of pages flaking off due to brittleness. :(