• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fiction house anyone?
26 26

9,750 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, szavisca said:

This ones worth a cross post! Just picked up in the CLink auction and already it's here ...sprung for the overnight shipping cause I hate for my nice books to be rattling around in transit for too long.

CowgirlRomances11cgc94inhand.jpg

Dang!  Great book and about the fastest turnaround from CLink that I've ever heard of. 

3 hours ago, szavisca said:

Not the best of the Firehair covers, but she's my number 2 GA gal, and my guilty pleasure.  Cant Collect the run without a number 1 either...

Firehair1cgc92.jpg

And your number 1 GA gal? Let me guess: Phantom Lady? (not sure if she's a redhead though)

10 hours ago, szavisca said:

Not the best of the Firehair covers, but she's my number 2 GA gal, and my guilty pleasure.  Cant Collect the run without a number 1 either...

Firehair1cgc92.jpg

:applause:Look at you Mr. High Grade! The Crippen Ped doesn't get the love it deserves imho. Not always the best conditions like this book, but I love all my books from that hoard. 

1 hour ago, szavisca said:

Been celebrating too many nosebleed expensive purchases lately...time to get back to what gives me the most joy...finding gems cheap.  Nice underappreciated Whitman cover.

Rangers62nmminfront.jpg

I've been doing that for years. I will pay through the nose on occasion but find so many under my radar books for reasonable prices that as a comic, I actually enjoy just as much. 

You don't always have to have deep pockets to collect GA just patience and an open mind.

Edited by Robot Man

On 8/29/2018 at 2:15 AM, cheetah said:

A fun quiz for Fiction House fans.  Can you name the issue where this appeared as the splash page?  AdamStrange has to wait at least two hours before responding.

this is from the Australian edition #40.

IMG_3924.JPG

Now you've got me thinking. This cover also appeared on the US edition of Kaanga #17 which I'd assumed where the Australian edition sourced its cover. https://www.comics.org/issue/10832/cover/4/

But come to think about it, the layout is more splash than FH cover. I'm not sure where to start looking though... hm 

The early Wings covers are some of the most dramatic GA aviation and air combat covers.  Here's my most recent pick up.  The black cover on this one is tough to find in high grade.  

hhd2hSS0PhKTW6YbA47y25S4.jpg

The color is actually much deeper, but i'm using a phone cam scanner.  sorry for the crappy pic

Edited by davet75