• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2017 SKETCH COVER SUPER/MEGA THREAD
2 2

471 posts in this topic

Ash continues to impress. I commissioned this piece for WW Chicago for Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany.

EA038195-67EA-4E63-8D03-2E6EE467EB22_zps

Some of you will note that this was done on a Darth Vader Blank and ask why....paper quality. Ash started this piece on an Avengers Assemble blank which you will see below. You will note the evident paint strokes. Ash did not like it and knew it could be better and suggested a blank he had liked working on before. As you can see from the first photo, he knows what he is talking about and cares about how the piece turns out 

4372B20D-18B3-4692-B6FD-D4079791D367_zps

i can't say enough about his work.

Here is my latest commission. This one is from one of my favorite artists (Frank A. Kadar). For those of you in this year's Green Eggs Contest, I had this commissioned specifically for this year's prize thread.  I asked Frank to draw something fun that he would enjoy doing. I think he did a pretty outstanding job.

Venom.jpg

Didn't go all out this year, but am very pleased with these.  Wanted a Jusko since I was a kid collecting those damn trading cards.  He picked from list of scribbled down ideas.  Jae never disappoints.  Was drooling over a print that Lieber had so needed to get a King Kong.

Although rather preoccupied, I didn't see as much (or even much) sketching on blanks this year.

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_7982.JPG

IMG_7983.JPG

IMG_7984.JPG

IMG_7985.JPG

IMG_7987.JPG

IMG_7989.JPG

IMG_8009.JPG

47 minutes ago, bigcbass said:

Who did the Tank Girl?  I really like that one.  Hoping to get a Jusko Vampirella in Dallas this weekend!

Where in Dallas? Texas?