• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Art Day - Irwin Hasen

5 posts in this topic

Ok, I have a very small original art collection in addition to my comic collection, so I'm very excited to add my first piece in a loooong time....

On my way home today, I stopped by a flea market and met a nice guy who was selling his late brother's comic book collection. Among the comics, collected editions, magazines, and treasuries was a small stack of art portfolios and this original sketch, accompanied by a photo of the man's brother at a con in 2009 watching Mr Hasen draw this:

image_zpspm1mxclq.jpeg

I happily purchased it and returned the photo to him. :cloud9:

Thanks! Sorry to confuse; no other OA. I meant those limited edition sets of prints; Neal Adams and Barry Windsor-Smith, I believe. He had a lot of stuff autographed by both of them. I also picked up a Savage Tales #1 with BWS' sig on the margin of the first page of the Conan story.

It was a blinding array of stuff; comics, mags, books, Marvel Essentials and Masterworks, DC archives editions, those EC slip cases, paperbacks. Lots of sword n sorcery related, Star Wars and Star Trek. That seemed to be this guy's milieu. But the Hasen piece didn't seem out of place either, as the guy had lots of artist-autographed items. Clearly a comic art lover, but the only OA in the booth.