• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX directed by Simon Kinberg (11/2/18)
4 4

1,323 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:

Give me an example that doesn't relate to a single poster that constantly writes paragraphs about me in this particular sub-forum.

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 12:59 PM, TwoPiece said:

You just don't like her because she's a strong woman.

One might say.

I'm not saying that.

You're just insane for preemptively disliking a great movie.

You're crazy, man.

Don't shoot yourself in the neck with a tranq dart gun.

Ta da.  But I'll save you you're standard retort -- you were juuuussstt jokiiiiing.

Wrong. I wouldn't suggest being misinformed about me by other people who aren't me.

Don't be naive.

In the Captain Marvel thread:

TwoPiece:  "Some people just can't get over a female-led movie being mediocre. Oh well. It is what it is. Mediocre."

Captain Marvel is satisfying movie audiences, but not you.  That's not a statement about Captain Marvel being mediocre. A million people liking something and one guy not liking it doesn't make something mediocre, unless you value your own opinion as a million times more valuable than others.

Don't be naive.

Just now, mattn792 said:

Ta da.  But I'll save you you're standard retort -- you were juuuussstt jokiiiiing.

That was literally me copying the premise of that person that I told you not to use as an example.

Have you never seen Old School?

I mean, this is literally a non-starter.

You know what - don't even bother. I'll save you the time. Why? I am a ____. In this instance, however, the ____ery directed at me was unwarranted.

It's not even worth having an honest discussion if you're going to preemptively dismiss the most logical response. And why? Because you obviously knew that was the most logical reasoning. Which leads me to believe that you already knew I wasn't being a ____.

So, let's be real here.

4 minutes ago, valiantman said:

In the Captain Marvel thread:

TwoPiece:  "Some people just can't get over a female-led movie being mediocre. Oh well. It is what it is. Mediocre."

Captain Marvel is satisfying movie audiences, but not you.  That's not a statement about Captain Marvel being mediocre. A million people liking something and one guy not liking it doesn't make something mediocre, unless you value your own opinion as a million times more valuable than others.

Don't be naive.

Are you seriously inferring that, by default, this means that I think all female-led movies are mediocre?

That is not how English works.

Don't be naive.

FWIW - Every single person that I've had an honest discussion with has labeled Captain Marvel as "mediocre". That's hundreds of people. Its scores are mediocre. I'm not the only one. And there's nothing bad about being mediocre in an age where most films are below-average or failures.

2 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

FWIW - Every single person that I've had an honest discussion with has labeled Captain Marvel as "mediocre". That's hundreds of people. Its scores are mediocre. I'm not the only one. And there's nothing bad about being mediocre in an age where most films are below-average or failures.

Its the hundreds of people again!!!  :ohnoez:

This reminds of your intimation back in the Episode VIII thread that your minions would take your opinion on Episode IX as gospel and have some material affect on the box office take (either + or - )

5 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Are you seriously inferring that, by default, this means that I think all female-led movies are mediocre?

That is not how English works.

Don't be naive.

You're two-for-two on dissing female-led movies by Marvel, including this one, which isn't released yet and you "joked" that it shouldn't be.

How many more examples will be enough to point it out to you?

8 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

That's a logical fallacy.  "No True Scotsman" - look it up.  If someone says that it is not a mediocre movie, you can say that it wasn't an honest discussion.

Every single person (except for the ones that I don't want to count) has agreed with me.

Fixed that for you.

Edited by valiantman

24 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Its the hundreds of people again!!!  :ohnoez:

This reminds of your intimation back in the Episode VIII thread that your minions would take your opinion on Episode IX as gospel and have some material affect on the box office take (either + or - )

There are people in the world that talk to hundreds of people. Or were you not aware of that? lol

27 minutes ago, valiantman said:

You're two-for-two on dissing female-led movies by Marvel, including this one, which isn't released yet and you "joked" that it shouldn't be.

Obviously you glossed over the fact that I consider Wonder Woman a good/great movie.

That won't fit your narrative, though.

You're just incorrect.

Oh, you're skewing it by only using "Marvel" movies. That's still derivative math, and incorrect. There are more than 2 "female-led" Marvel movies, including this awful-looking one. And most of my criticism is based on the fact that the franchise is dead, but no, let's using a completely unrelated subject to attempt criticizing me... lol

Edited by TwoPiece

28 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Obviously you glossed over the fact that I consider Wonder Woman a good/great movie.

That won't fit your narrative, though.

You're just incorrect.

Marvel is stated in my quote. I am correct. :sumo:

27 minutes ago, valiantman said:

That's a logical fallacy.  "No True Scotsman" - look it up.  If someone says that it is not a mediocre movie, you can say that it wasn't an honest discussion.

Every single person (except for the ones that I don't want to count) has agreed with me.

Fixed that for you.

Wrong.

1 minute ago, mattn792 said:

And I'm sure Disney will miss/appreciate the roughly $3200 you all withhold/contribute.

What are you talking about? We all saw Captain Marvel and agreed it was mediocre.

Completely different from seeing The Last Jedi and telling people not to see it.

What's your Endgame?