• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shouldn't Superman vs Amazing Spiderman be worth more?

32 posts in this topic

I'm guessing that if they ever do grade Treasury-sized comics we will find out they are impossible to find in (real/not ebay) high grade.

Here I go again, being all "literal" and whatnot...

:baiting:

:grin:

:foryou:

MTE-9_zps7hsnxt1t.jpg

(Note: the line at the bottom of the image is in the Mylar, not the book...)

Btw...didn't Donut recently unearth a fairly large treasure-trove of HG treasuries?

There are stockpiles of some of these in high grade. I do not feel like superman/spidey or superman/Ali are among them because they sold well when published. Didn't every kid who read comics have one? I have mine in a box with a bunch of others. I read the treasuries over and over, they are trashed.

Superman/spidey gets nice prices. A raw nice one just sold for $215. Midrange copies getting $50. I don't think there are any adams superman books from 1976 and later that sell for anything like that. Sure, some earlier adams books do well, but I pick some of the late 70 s adams superman covers out of cheap boxes sometimes.

If they ever slab treasuries, it will be. And that Wizard of Oz treasury will skyrocket first, as it is the first Marvel/DC joint project and relatively uncommon.

wow and if they make movie it should explode in value

Didn't seem to make an iota of difference to the valuation of the World's Finest comic book series when they decided to make the Superman & Batman crossover movie. :devil:

I'm guessing that if they ever do grade Treasury-sized comics we will find out they are impossible to find in (real/not ebay) high grade.

MTE-9_zps7hsnxt1t.jpg

Btw...didn't Donut recently unearth a fairly large treasure-trove of HG treasuries?

As a child of the 70's I love treasuries and this was the first one I ever got. My parents bought it for me at JC Penney's where "Spider-Man" was signing autographs and posing for pictures. Good times....

MTE-9_zps7hsnxt1t.jpg

As a child of the 70's I love treasuries and this was the first one I ever got. My parents bought it for me at JC Penney's where "Spider-Man" was signing autographs and posing for pictures. Good times....

I read the hell outta that one...the do-it yourself kit would be DD 43, Subby 8, Surfer 14 and JIM 112.