• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TERMINATOR 6 directed by Tim Miller (7/26/19)
2 2

328 posts in this topic

On 10/20/2019 at 11:20 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Long story I saw it today, i saw it today!

I got a prescreen pass to see the "new" terminator movie that was supposed to show a week from Tuesday....

I got another pass for today that was supposed to be "terminator 2" with 20 minutes of the "new" terminator as a teaser....

It ended up being not 20 minutes but the whole new terminator flick lol

got a cool poster too :)

20191020_215025.jpg

Dude - did you go to the Alamo drafthouse screening one Yonkers ? So pissed I had to cancel at the last second 

6 minutes ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

Dude - did you go to the Alamo drafthouse screening one Yonkers ? So pissed I had to cancel at the last second 

I'm not sure, but to be sure, lol I went to the Alamo Drafthouse on Skillman and Abrams :foryou: But yes I went and it was the night with all 4-10 tornadoes, but we didn't find that out until the movie was over..... made it home safe, I had another prescreen pass for last night over on Webb Chapel, but I didn't need to see it twice or it just wasn't worth the drive.....

58 minutes ago, paperheart said:

if you live in the US, you don't need to wait. another US BO bomb.

‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ Conking Out Stateside With $28M Opening

Not surprised from some of the spoiler reviews I've read. Its a played out franchise that didn't need a sequel or 3, Terminator ended at T2.

Just saw it and I am torn about what I think. It was great action, that’s for sure. Within a short time though, it made everything accomplished inT1 and T2 meaningless. Completely meaningless.  When you see the part I am talking about you will be like w...t..h..

Edited by CAHokie

13 hours ago, paperheart said:

if you live in the US, you don't need to wait. another US BO bomb.

‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ Conking Out Stateside With $28M Opening

That is a horrible opening if it holds.  This film cost $185 million to make and could end up opening lower than T2 ($31 million) 28 years ago.

I saw it last night and it was pretty good.  Action was intense and it had the big battle sequences.  But it really didn’t add anything to the Terminator series.  Kind of felt like a cash grab with old versions of the original cast.  Not bad by any means but I left feeling bla.

4 hours ago, media_junkie said:

That is a horrible opening if it holds.  This film cost $185 million to make and could end up opening lower than T2 ($31 million) 28 years ago.

I was afraid of that , 

the younger kids don,t care about Terminator, or they just wait till it on Netflix or something👎👎😴

6 hours ago, media_junkie said:

3rd Update, Saturday AM: Chart will post later this morning It’s not a good weekend for franchises, specifically old dusty ones as the sixth Terminator movie, Terminator: Dark Fate is seeing an awful future at the weekend domestic box office with $27.1M, a terrible result for a planned Paramount/Skydance Media/Fox tentpole that reportedly cost $185M (some even say it was $196M). And I hear worldwide, global audiences are turning their noses ups: China’s box office, now at an estimated $19.4M is also underwhelming, expected to come in at $30M, well below the $40M-$50M many were expecting,

That’s unfortunate, I’ll still see this in the theater as it may be the last one.  They tried and tried and could never pull it off. I just wanted a true third film that brings us back to 1984. Or one that ends with Kyle entering the time machine.

2 hours ago, paperheart said:

3rd Update, Saturday AM: Chart will post later this morning It’s not a good weekend for franchises, specifically old dusty ones as the sixth Terminator movie, Terminator: Dark Fate is seeing an awful future at the weekend domestic box office with $27.1M, a terrible result for a planned Paramount/Skydance Media/Fox tentpole that reportedly cost $185M (some even say it was $196M). And I hear worldwide, global audiences are turning their noses ups: China’s box office, now at an estimated $19.4M is also underwhelming, expected to come in at $30M, well below the $40M-$50M many were expecting,

Ouch.  I wonder if any of this is blowback from what the director said about "internet trolls", or if this straight up is a move that the general public at large just doesn't care about?

I think it could be a factor. The -script was obviously written in a way to incorporate current issues. Calling out fans that may not like it In advance (and there are valid reasons not to like it) as being misogynist may have been a bad idea. Especially since Sarah Conner is one of the original and most loved female action heroes. 

Edited by CAHokie

1 hour ago, CAHokie said:

I think it could be a factor. The --script was obviously written in a way to incorporate current issues. Calling out fans that may not like it In advance (and there are valid reasons not to like it) as being misogynist may have been a bad idea. Especially since Sarah Conner is one of the original and most loved female action heroes. 

Where was that posted? :whatthe:

1 hour ago, Gatsby77 said:

Interesting.

I'm surprised by the weak box office.

Then again, the last Terminator film I went to see in the theater was T3, and it was basically mediocre, but redeemed by the last 3 minutes.

ex the MCU and John Wick, a consistent theme so far this year for sequels/remakes to perform dreadfully vs the previous installment: Angry Birds 2, Lego 2, Dark Phoenix, MIB Int'l, Godzilla, Secret Life of Pets, IT2, Maleficent- add this one to the list. 

Edited by paperheart