• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker's Best Covers (Top 10)
6 6

342 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, 29dukedog said:

Another really good Baker cover that usually slips my mind is Zago 4.  That's because I only have a very low grade copy, and I've never scanned it.  Tony...?

Even though my name is not Tony, I will grant your request.

zago 4.jpg

On 2/22/2017 at 4:04 PM, comicnoir said:

I'm not sure why this doesn't get "classic cover" status. Known more for its SOTI connection. The splayed figure of the girl is incredibly rendered with lots of action and a moving train. 

APC6.jpg

In my opinion this is the best Authentic Police Cases cover, though there are a couple of other strong contenders. The gray streak in her hair is the cherry atop the sundae of Baker greatness. 

15 minutes ago, Moondog said:

Surprised that no one mentioned Crime Reporter 3.  My favorite Baker crime cover.  It's for sale (not my book) here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Crime-Reporter-3-Matt-Baker-cover-CGC-5-0-OFF-WHITE-Pgs-/142283772612?hash=item2120c612c4:g:LyEAAOSw4CFYqTPm

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.6b89063e60daa80e9a4d42ad39947df5.jpg

I'm a big fan of reflection shots. Especially if there's a Baker girl involved.

44 minutes ago, comicnoir said:

I'm a big fan of reflection shots. Especially if there's a Baker girl involved.

I've never understood what that oddly shaped dark area below the woman's right shoulder is meant to be!  Part of her dress?  Is it intended to be a shadow cast on her by the intruder? 

1 hour ago, 29dukedog said:

I've never understood what that oddly shaped dark area below the woman's right shoulder is meant to be!  Part of her dress?  Is it intended to be a shadow cast on her by the intruder? 

Is it the shadow cast by the cabinet across the folding curtains?

11 minutes ago, Yorick said:

Is it the shadow cast by the cabinet across the folding curtains?

No, that's when he nodded off while finishing the art and for this cover and his inking brush fell onto the artwork.  :gossip:  lol

8 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

No, that's when he nodded off while finishing the art and for this cover and his inking brush fell onto the artwork.  :gossip:  lol

HAHA.  After that he gave up and just filled in the lampshade....

Well.  I'm counting six pages on this thread, and so far it's become a general, "What is your favorite Baker?" thing.  So, I went back and edited my first post on the first page and reiterated all the pertinent info derived from the thread to date.  Hoping eventually somebody will take the ball and run with it.  At least we've laid the groundwork. 

Well.  I'm counting six pages on this thread, and so far it's become a general, "What is your favorite Baker?" thing.  So, I went back and edited my first post on the first page and reiterated all the pertinent info derived from the thread to date.  Hoping eventually somebody will take the ball and run with it.  At least we've laid the groundwork. 

What this proves is that although Baker collectors have exquisite taste, we are technological noodle noggins! :)