• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

Just now, woowoo said:

I just got Punch out on a book I just wanted cause it looked cool.

ok...if it is a book I just bid on, go coward in the corner!

Here the results for the Mys Men Run (all except 21 - 23 are Church copies)

Total $406,100 approx

Edited by adamstrange

3 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

Here the results for the Mys Men Run (all except 21 - 23 are Church copies)

Total $406,100 approx

1    41
2    38.5
3    57
4    23.5
5    17.4
6    14.5
7    13.5
8    31.5
9    12.9
10    22.5
11    5.7
12    13
13    5.9
14    6.5
15    4.3
16    6.5
17    7.2
18    5.5
19    5.2
20    2.9
21    1.7
22    1.1
23    1.4
24    5.6
25    5.3
26    6.7
27    7.6
28    7.1
29    7.9
30    15
31    11.7

37 minutes ago, rjpb said:

I was outbid in extended bidding by several increments, but the MM 28 & 29 looked like relative bargains compared to the earlier issues considering how scarce they are in any grade.

35 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

scarce but they lack the great cover artist!

32 minutes ago, rjpb said:

I would agree on Fine, but the I prefer the artwork on those two issues to Simon's covers, as cool as they are.

32 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

The cover art is pretty cool even if it's not Lou Fine.

31 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

can't argue there...but Lou Fine fans clearly want the "goods"

(shrug) GAtor??!!! Ramona's work on that 29 is Great!!! I'm with Rjpb they went for very fair prices and these from what I have gathered are some of JBs favorite books as well with real scarcity. I am personally glad they weren't moon shot prices bc they are both still on my want list ? Everyone that was able to land a Fox book today was lucky guy/gal!!! 

Speaking of great covers how about the Pep 34 5.0 over 15K!!!! NICE!!

2 minutes ago, gino2paulus2 said:

(shrug) GAtor??!!! Ramona's work on that 29 is Great!!! I'm with Rjpb they went for very fair prices and these from what I have gathered are some of JBs favorite books as well with real scarcity. I am personally glad they weren't moon shot prices bc they are both still on my want list ? Everyone that was able to land a Fox book today was lucky guy/gal!!! 

Speaking of great covers how about the Pep 34 5.0 over 15K!!!! NICE!!

I like pep 34 but at 12K I was out...

29,30 are just "fine"...to each their own :)

Ok, it is time for Planet Comics talk.

Any of my board homies win anything?

The prices went crazy!

I was hoping to get the CGC 3.5 restored #5 but it went higher than the 6.0 restored, and nearly as high as the CGC blue label 4.0

The 5.5 Larson copy of #6 intrigues me, makes me wonder what my 6.5 Nic cage copy might sell for.

14 I expected a big price, same as the 15.

The 18 surprised me, I guess the weird coloration copies are rather valuable as $2900 is double what I paid for my blue label CGC 6.0

2 hours ago, jbcomicbox said:

Hi folks   I really appreciate the kind thoughts expressed on the boards to me.   Been reading your  posts for weeks and weeks  Just sitting on the side watching the proceedings. Hope you can understand why I have  had a low profile.  Been a mind boggling couple of months for me.

Not fair when "Lou Fine" opined about my key comicbook possession as well as the reason for same.  Mysterymen 3 Larson copy.  Knowing the day would come, I secured the Church and Larson copies of this book.  Had them for years and years.....He was spot on..It enticed me to "go public".

Talk to you post auction.  

jbcomicbox

You are the "man" great collection........glad you kept the important material that was most important to you...

21 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

SPECTACULAR!!!! Another one of the Gems of the auction imo. You just don't see these and for such a rare book what a cover too it's so darn cool!! HUGE CONGRATS on this one bro!!

okay I lied. Gotta give you a fact....  For esoteric about about Green Giant  and it relation to MPFW  read page 158 of the Auction Catalogue for some interesting trivia of these early  early books.  jb

21 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

SPECTACULAR!!!! Another one of the Gems of the auction imo. You just don't see these and for such a rare book what a cover too it's so darn cool!! HUGE CONGRATS on this one bro!!

7 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Ok, it is time for Planet Comics talk.

Any of my board homies win anything?

The prices went crazy!

I was hoping to get the CGC 3.5 restored #5 but it went higher than the 6.0 restored, and nearly as high as the CGC blue label 4.0

The 5.5 Larson copy of #6 intrigues me, makes me wonder what my 6.5 Nic cage copy might sell for.

14 I expected a big price, same as the 15.

The 18 surprised me, I guess the weird coloration copies are rather valuable as $2900 is double what I paid for my blue label CGC 6.0

Let's just say I've just increased the value of your #6, and your #9 if you have that one too (though price on that one was not stratospheric).

Thank you Mr. Jon Berk!