• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

1.8 doh! too low given estimates of a select batch of books. 2.6-2.8 MIL

+1 

$1.8M is definitely way too low as that figure was long passed.

Definitely way too low as the 3 big Fox runs by themselves (Fantastic, Mystery Men, and Wonderworld's) along with just the single Action 1 and 'Tec 27 books adds up to over $2M, with still another almost 2,900 lots to go after that.  :gossip:

18 hours ago, lpsunburst said:

whoever is battling with me on the 31, uncle....:cry:

Sorry lpsunspot, but this was the one book in the auction I was most determined to win.  In decades of collecting Fox books, I had never even seen a copy before Jon's became available.  And something about the cover called to me like a siren.  I forgive you for driving the price up.  :foryou:

Wonderworld31(MH).jpg

Edited by RareHighGrade

5 minutes ago, RareHighGrade said:

Sorry lpsunspot, but this was the one book in the auction I was most determined to win.  In decades of collecting Fox books, I had never even seen a copy before John's became available.  And something about the cover called to me like a siren.  I forgive you for driving the price up.  :foryou:

Wonderworld31(MH).jpg

Yowza!! There's something for everyone on that cover. Me, I'll go with the "Sensational Assistant". Though the monsters are pretty sensational too. Great book!!

16 minutes ago, RareHighGrade said:

Sorry lpsunspot, but this was the one book in the auction I was most determined to win.  In decades of collecting Fox books, I had never even seen a copy before John's became available.  And something about the cover called to me like a siren.  I forgive you for driving the price up.  :foryou:

Wonderworld31(MH).jpg

Incredible cover WOW!!

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

Heck yes! Too bad about that pencil writing on the cover though. Might have bumped up to a 9.2 without it?

RHG can dry clean and resub for max value potential and flipping profits. 

:flipbait:

36 minutes ago, RareHighGrade said:

Sorry lpsunspot, but this was the one book in the auction I was most determined to win.  In decades of collecting Fox books, I had never even seen a copy before Jon's became available.  And something about the cover called to me like a siren.  I forgive you for driving the price up.  :foryou:

Wonderworld31(MH).jpg

You live up to your namesake sir!

2 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Many of us boardies have already expressed such heartfelt feelings about Mr. Jon Berk and the wonderful experience he has created for us these last few days.  I would just like to add that this has been a truly dizzying and transcendent experience, one which I felt I've bonded over and shared with everyone on this thread. I've had a passion for comics starting at age 8, when I started buying Casper, Hot Stuff, and Richie Rich (not to be confused with at least 2 other Richards) from the comic book spinner rack at the local drugstore. Since then, I have slowly "devolved" in comic time, from Bronze to Silver and at last to Golden Age.  One of my fondest recent memories was getting to meet Jon at the CC event in March, whereupon discussion of Jumbo Comics #10, he suddenly and earnestly adopted the posture of the hero on the cover, throwing the spear through the beast. I don't know if he remembers this moment, but I sure do, and won't forget it.

Not that I can pretend to know him, really, but that gesture of his, so full of youth, charm, playfulness, and enthusiasm, I think probably sums up Jon quite well, and also captures his passion for the hobby. So let me also tip my hat and say: Thank You Jon! 

[Obviously many people talk about the 1995 Geppi/Diamond Vault opening, but for boardies who didn't have knowledge of or access to this event, and for boardies who were still in diapers or cramming for their college entrance exams, it is THE BERK AUCTION in my opinion that is the new capstone historical event for this wonderful hobby.]

Well said sir!:golfclap:

1 hour ago, RareHighGrade said:

Wonderworld31(MH).jpg

All is forgiven and you are absolutely right about that issue, its the first one I have ever seen for sale and easily the rarest of the entire run. I commend your tenacity sir.

1 minute ago, G.A.tor said:

Over 2.9 mil from what I've  tracked

Is that inclusive of the original art too?