• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED Junk Sale! Lots of Weird old Funny Books!
3 3

110 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Authentic Police Cases #8 Aug 1950 St. John Pubs.

Annother outstanding classic cover. I think the best of the run and one of my top 10 Baker covers. Hot braless girl is promently featured running from tear gas. Deep, rich reds, blues and greens on this issue. Hot girls and violence inside. Under appreciated issue.

A very bright, clean complete copy. Staples are popped and cover is very neatly detached from book. Numerous small spine creases. No tears or missing pieces. No major creases or folds. Centerfold is bound well to book. Interior paper is white ot off white and fresh.

$100.00

authpolicecases8a_zpspsgfu7h3.jpg

authpolicecases8ab_zpswaxt1fbq.jpg

I'll Take It !

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 9:01 PM, Robot Man said:

OK, last one for today and it is an obscure one!

The Funnies Annual 1959 Avon Pubs.

Big fat, 7" x 10" square bound, stiff cover book. Features best comic strips of the year including Archie by Montana, Steve Canyon by Caniff, Blondie by Chick Young, Felix the Cat, Popeye and others Even some sexy girls in lingerie. Chronological history of the comics. Listed as Rare in Overstreet and I believe it. I've seen very few copies of this one. No Avon collection is complete without this one.

Beautiful copy! Flat, tight, square complete copy. Has full, un-torn paper spine. No tears, chipping or missing pieces. One long top to bottom right side crease that does not break color. Book is bound tight to covers. Interior paper is yellowed but fresh and no tears, creases or anything missing. One of the better and rarest books in this thread!

$225.

funniesannual1_zpsnlqy1s4j.jpg

funniesannual2_zpsjnt8wi8x.jpg

funniesannual3_zpswjvhpofc.jpg

:takeit:  per PM

OK, the crowd has spoken. Did some price drops. I usually price stuff pretty close to what I need to get out of them but I want to move some stuff. Take a gander again. I will leave this up today and send out invoices out probably tomorrow. Happy trails!