• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain Marvel Adventures
1 1

100 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Congrats! Back story? Had it a while? Last raw I saw on eBay was an auction from Dolgoff,  lower grade,  is this that one?

Negative.  This is a different one.  A buddy of mine found one from an old-school collector, been in an attic for 30 years.  Just one in the wild..  

1 hour ago, crwinb2 said:

Negative.  This is a different one.  A buddy of mine found one from an old-school collector, been in an attic for 30 years.  Just one in the wild..  

Awesome, congrats! They do seem to turn up infrequently enough that it made me curious.

Looks to me like some of our boardie dealer friends could move a few of these on here if they have any in their long boxes. :baiting:

43 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Awesome, congrats! They do seem to turn up infrequently enough that it made me curious.

Looks to me like some of our boardie dealer friends could move a few of these on here if they have any in their long boxes. :baiting:

Absolutely.  I don’t think these would be hard to sell in any grade.  Definitely enough interest and rarity.  

On 8/22/2018 at 7:59 PM, crwinb2 said:

Keep an eye on the census over the next few weeks.  ?

5B981528-21B9-4E87-B452-FD90C551A135.jpeg

Is that really so rare? Granted, I have never searched for that particular issue but have owned 4 or 5 of them over the years. What makes that particular one so rare and desired? It certainly isn’t the cover...

I finally watched the new Shazam movie.  I must admit I enjoyed the reworking of the Captain Marvel story.  Everyone was there too.  Tawny the Tiger, Mr. Mind, Dr. Sivana, Billy, Mary, Freddie and so much more appeared in the movie.  It Marvel/Disney wasn't such a big obstacle, the movie could have been called Marvel Family Vs. Sivana.  Fawcell High was the name of Billy's school but how many other old references did you see?

47762118122_41b9780145_b.jpg

Whiz 57 cov.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 8:34 PM, ender said:

Is the midget comic stuck on 20?  I have a pretty nice 20 but the mini comic had been removed.  Always wondered about trying to find a loose one and at least put them in the mylar together.  Very nice.

I didn't answer this question 2 years ago.  The midget cap issue was purchased separately and the two were combined for effect.  I have never seen the original attached version.  Not sure if this is my original scan but looks similar.

4828428132_1c918444ed_b.jpg

On 7/17/2019 at 3:46 PM, path4play said:

This one gets double posted.

img02507012019.jpg

Seems a bit odd to note Dayton Ohio on the label? Is there some special interest expected because a story takes place there?