• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,155 posts in this topic

I thought that was real rude of you blowing off the person who spent all that time doing that nice recap in your thread.  Then when you threatened to ban people for a year if they complained, I knew you were someone I would never want to deal with.  But, what do I know?  You are the one with the best FS threads of all time.   

Wait.  You were already on my do not buy from list when you started the stolen books thread.  Many boardies tried to help recover your books.  They were repaid by you accusing respectful boardies of stealing your books, and knowingly purchasing them.  Followed by calling us names.  

I hope people take some time to visit the VCC this weekend:) There is still time to join in if you want to have a booth. 

The Virtual convention has a long history here, and it's always been a lot of fun.

Deadone has been working very hard to continue the community tradition, you will see some nice changes:) 

Hope to see you there.

2 hours ago, comicdonna said:

Wait.  You were already on my do not buy from list when you started the stolen books thread.  Many boardies tried to help recover your books.  They were repaid by you accusing respectful boardies of stealing your books, and knowingly purchasing them.  Followed by calling us names.  

+1

guy has an attitude. I don't like attitudes especially getting smart with the boards and the banning comment. put me on your list. I don't personally know Dead One, but I had some problems setting up my contest and he was more than willing to communicate with me and we even talked on the phone. this is what this community is about, and not being a wise guy.

Edited by DR.X

13 minutes ago, Red_Hood said:

Solar Boy is the new generation of entitled whining d-bags that are littering this place as they spill over from face book and underneath rocks.  

The over grading of common junk books is just the cherry on top.

Bingo!

1 hour ago, Red_Hood said:

Solar Boy is the new generation of entitled whining d-bags that are littering this place as they spill over from face book and underneath rocks.  

It has been kinda sad that I am finding better deals on Ebay overall than here. It used to be the reverse.

3 hours ago, Red_Hood said:

s-eb147366482f0451ab9d0ca513e208eaf2ddc0

4 hours ago, Red_Hood said:

Bingo

Bought some books from him and they must have been graded from the back of a galloping horse.

He invoiced me demanding immediate payment and PayPal - no fee.

Then after paying him right away (ignoring his no fee) he took 21 days before he shipped it.

Total time waster. 

52 minutes ago, NP_Gresham said:

Bingo

Bought some books from him and they must have been graded from the back of a galloping horse.

Then after paying him right away (ignoring his no fee) he took 21 days before he shipped it.

Total time waster. 

That's absolutely disgusting!

eBay has been better to buy than this forum market place for a long time because there are more and more  m_oron sellers popping up here 

and if you decide to blast them, in some bizzarro world, you are the one being a jerk for outing these clowns and their tactics.

7 hours ago, comicdonna said:

I don't even believe the kock and bull story that Solar Boy was robbed at gunpoint. I was very sympathetic in the beginning, but as he started to attack other boardies and the story started to become more and more outlandish, I knew then that I would never want to buy anything from him. And judging from his grading, I'm not missing much.

1 hour ago, NP_Gresham said:

Bingo

Total time waster. 

His grading is pretty obvious from just his scans.  :sorry:

1 hour ago, Larryw7 said:

I don't even believe the kock and bull story that Solar Boy was robbed at gunpoint. I was very sympathetic in the beginning, but as he started to attack other boardies and the story started to become more and more outlandish, I knew then that I would never want to buy anything from him. And judging from his grading, I'm not missing much.

He was ultra sensitive to questions that were being asked and attacking forum members for trying to help was weird.  I think I bought something from him a while ago, but the grading and packaging was pretty bad.  I would never buy anything from him due to his really bad attitude.

11 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

It’s interesting that he focuses just on my comments and not anyone else 

I focus on you because you have been really rude to me in the past.  Youre a sneaky person and you were rude to me and then Pmd me trying to buy a book from me after the fact not realizing you were rude to me.  In this case you went out of your way to down play my thread and to get your 4-5 friends to chime in on it.  I dont mind comments from people about my grading or not buying from me.  Those are comments from people who I have never sold to and dont care to.  I have 40-50 loyal buyer who think all this nonse about grading being off is a joke, have purchased from me in 5-6 threads now, some of them over 200 comics.  I guess they are all wrong and my grading sucks.  Hector move on man, leave me be, get a hobby or something and put all that energy you have into something more productive.

And Comicdonna or whatever your name is, I could care less about you or your money or buying from me.  Raze posted that clean up, then pmed me apologizing and my exact words were I didnt mind at all and I thanked him for doing it.  Rave can chime in on this to see how I treated him.  This isnt my career, im not bunky brian or another dealer who does this all the time.  I bought 5000 or so comics and magazines, over my head, I work too many hours and Im trying to do this at the same time.  Guys are complaining about finding books like i have all the time in the world to help them find a $40 book for $8 bucks.....so your opinion is your opinion but I don't feel I should have to do all that and a lot of people agreed with me.

You guys that are talking smack are people who have never held one of my comics in your hand.  You are clueless about my grading but you judge.  I don't care to sell to you and Its funny that Ive got you all so worked up.  Actually comical to me how its getting you all to be so together in trying to bash me.  But the joke is on all of you.  Ill be the one selling $100k+ in the thread and helping a lot of people complete their runs.  Stop hating, stop being jealous and go get a hobby guys.  Hope you all have a wonderful xmas with your families.