• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thread closed-Thanks!
1 1

18 posts in this topic

Low grade Gold! 'Tec 64 to start

Sharpening my focus for 2017, and letting go of some books I've had quite a while.

No ne'er-do-wells! US shipping is $5, internationals will negotiate, please. Paypal preferred but not required.  Returns are OK within a reasonable time frame.

1st is Detective #64, the first Boy Commandos by Simon and Kirby. At that time, the Boy Commandos were quite a hit! I bought this copy from Heritage years back. I grade it as fair. It's mostly supple, but there is some brittleness. Also general wear characteristic of the grade. Presents very well! $275

PICT0001.jpg

Edited by KirbyJack

Bat-Man #5, 1st appearance of the Batmobile! Fair, amateur resto includes multiple C.T. and glue! Be aware! Another bottom grader that's easy on the eyes. $400 SOLD!

IMG_07961_zpssy2ba0yy.jpg

P.S. For those of you who have given up on ever owning a Pre-Robin Detective, this issue also contains a story in which The Boy Wonder is wounded, and Bat-Man gets very grim indeed in taking his revenge! Perhaps the next best thing to a PRT!

Edited by KirbyJack

All Star Comics #4! The very 1st adventure for the JSA, as all they do in #3 is sit around and reminisce! Kind of a big deal, as this issue laid a lot of ground on hero team storytelling.

Fair, tape on spine covering extra staples. $375  SOLD!

IMG_07951_zpskeachfpz.jpg

Edited by KirbyJack

Just a couple more today unless I get requests (lots of SA, 50s, too). Detective #81, 1st app. Cavalier, you Bat-villain types! This book is whupped. Literally; it looks like someone hit it repeatedly with a butterknife. Small tears thru the front half, and impact craters! Looks decent, and paper is fine, so place holder worthy. Fair-ish? How about $50? SOLD!

IMG_07931_zpsib0iqoar.jpg

Edited by KirbyJack

4 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

Just a couple more today unless I get requests (lots of SA, 50s, too). Detective #81, 1st app. Cavalier, you Bat-villain types! This book is whupped. Literally; it looks like someone hit it repeatedly with a butterknife. Small tears thru the front half, and impact craters! Looks decent, and paper is fine, so place holder worthy. Fair-ish? How about $50?

IMG_07931_zpsib0iqoar.jpg

:takeit:

Detective #65, 2nd Boy Commandos. FR/poor. Water damage, and dirty on back front cover. Complete, and paper is surprisingly good! $100! SOLD!

IMG_07971_zpsfro6ixkt.jpg

Edited by KirbyJack

1 hour ago, KirbyJack said:

Bat-Man #5, 1st appearance of the Batmobile! Fair, amateur resto includes multiple C.T. and glue! Be aware! Another bottom grader that's easy on the eyes. $400

IMG_07961_zpssy2ba0yy.jpg

P.S. For those of you who have given up on ever owning a Pre-Robin Detective, this issue also contains a story in which The Boy Wonder is wounded, and Bat-Man gets very grim indeed in taking his revenge! Perhaps the next best thing to a PRT!

:takeit:Per PM!

On 3/15/2017 at 0:32 PM, KirbyJack said:

All Star Comics #4! The very 1st adventure for the JSA, as all they do in #3 is sit around and reminisce! Kind of a big deal, as this issue laid a lot of ground on hero team storytelling.

Fair, tape on spine covering extra staples. $375 

IMG_07951_zpskeachfpz.jpg

I'll take it via PM(thumbsu