• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Magazine Adventures

23 posts in this topic

Bizarre Adventures

This is for all of those who follow this great mag thread. For some reason, in 1981 I bought more Bizarre Adventures #27 than a person reasonably should have. I boxed them up and here we are. I loved this Paul Gulacy cover.

I have sent 7 of them for CGC SS. Two came back (pictured) and 5 are still at CGC  (Claremont, Shooter, Gulacy sigs).

I have a few left that won't be 9.8's..close, but not quite.  I want them to find a home.  If anyone on this board (who has posted on this thread in the past) wants one of the remaining copies, I will send one of them to you.  I have 5 left that I am not sending to CGC (I will send the nicest of these to Ed since he bought one of them in the past).  So four left... shipping to US is on me (elsewhere, please pitch in for shipping).

Please just PM me if you are interested. I love reading this thread. Unfortunately,  there should be more of us.

Bizarre Adventures 27.jpg

Edited by Ron C.

Also, please leave the :takeit:in the thread so people can know what is left.  There is one taker so far (Makmorn) plus Chevalmeow's extra copy. Three left. I really love this cover!

2 minutes ago, chevalmeow said:

Wow!!

Thank you so much, Ron!  I feel honored to be on your list for another copy of this great mag and your effort to find good homes for your estra copies.

You are a great boardie!

:golfclap:

Thank you Ed. Fair is fair, so if I am giving away copies,  you need to get the first. I really love this cover. It's a shame that it is out of the mainstream, though. Paul Gulacy did an amazing cover!

I'd like one but I'm not sure if I'm eligible. I did start a thread last month where i posted my complete Marvel Preview/Bizarre Adventures set but my 27 is in rough shape so I'd like a better copy.

Let me know but either way this is an incredibly generous act. I salute you!

1 hour ago, Metarog said:

I'd like one but I'm not sure if I'm eligible. I did start a thread last month where i posted my complete Marvel Preview/Bizarre Adventures set but my 27 is in rough shape so I'd like a better copy.

Let me know but either way this is an incredibly generous act. I salute you!

Of course you are eligible. This is for all magazine fans. Please PM me your address.

5 hours ago, VegasJeff said:

If there is one left :takeit:

I have not read a Bizarre Adventures yet.

It is yours. Please just PM me your mailing address.  The 5 copies are now all spoken for (Makmorn,chevalmeow,Metarog,wombat and VegasJeff)

On 4/8/2017 at 4:06 PM, Ron C. said:

4 of the 5 went out today. Eric, yours will be sent out on Monday.  Jeff and William look like a Monday delivery and Ed and Roger are scheduled for Tuesday.

I just got mine... it is beautiful and a huge upgrade from my quarter bin copy. 

Ron went way way way above and sent it in a whole bunch of bubble wrap, cardboard with bag and board... Priority!!! All this for a freebie??? Most mags and comics I actually pay for are not shipped with this care!

Anyway, many thanks  Ron. This old time collector is a happy camper today.

2 hours ago, Metarog said:

I just got mine... it is beautiful and a huge upgrade from my quarter bin copy. 

Ron went way way way above and sent it in a whole bunch of bubble wrap, cardboard with bag and board... Priority!!! All this for a freebie??? Most mags and comics I actually pay for are not shipped with this care!

Anyway, many thanks  Ron. This old time collector is a happy camper today.

You are very welcome. I'm glad it found a good home!

40 minutes ago, Makmorn said:

Yup, got mine too, very nice. Good thing it was well packed, someone at the post office hated that box, hole knocked in, one end mashed, but the book was unharmed.(thumbsu

Thanks again. (worship)

I am glad to hear it got to you safely. You can't skimp on packing!! This issue was one of my favorites on release, so I had to package well. Eric's copy went out this afternoon. (thumbsu