• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hidden messages in X-Men Gold #1 (?)
1 1

224 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

I think u got him Laze. That always works

I know right?

facepalm is when you've been cornered, have no defense, but still want the appearance you were right.

He would fail a reading comprehension test:
"How's Bob?"

"Not good"

"More trouble?"
"yeah, he had another run"

In this dialogue the word 'run' means:
a- a race

b-a recipe

c-shopping

d-difficulty or problems

Edited by kav

6 minutes ago, kav said:

facepalm is when you've been cornered, have no defense, but still want the appearance you were right.

No, it means somebody did or said something so incredibly stupid that you can't find the words to express your disbelief.

You can have "a run of trouble," but having "a run" has nothing to do with trouble unless it's in the context of a discussion that's already about trouble. The word "run" still doesn't mean "trouble."

But this is way off topic.

12 minutes ago, kav said:

He would fail a reading comprehension test:
"How's Bob?"

"Not good"

"More trouble?"
"yeah, he had another run"

In this dialogue the word 'run' means:
a- a race

b-a recipe

c-shopping

d-series of unfortunate incidents

how about: e - a consecutive series of events

In this particular case, due to the context of the conversation, the events would involve trouble for Bob.

4 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

No, it means somebody did or said something so incredibly stupid that you can't find the words to express your disbelief.

Golly is that what it means> Thx for explaining professor :facepalm:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Lazyboy said:

how about: e - a consecutive series of events

In this particular case, due to the context of the conversation, the events would involve trouble for Bob.

So, 'run' means 'trouble'.  Which I thought you said it could never mean.  :facepalm:

What the :facepalm: is go:facepalm:ng on here?  I can't :facepalm: under:facepalm:nd anym:facepalm: and what does :facepalm: mean in this cont:facepalm:xt??

Edited by kav

I don't find the degree really that bad.

However this is really bad as an artist hiding personal/political messages is a super no-no, and grounds for immediate termination of your contract. 

A no brainer super dumb movie. Sadly I would fire him if he was an artist working for me. It would leave me with little choice.

Edited by Rip

11 hours ago, Lazyboy said:
11 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

You weren't "correcting" anyone. You're entitled to your opinion so pointless to argue about it. 

But telling a judge you didn't shoot the victim, just ran over him with a truck is kinda idiotic don't you think?

How is it not a correction when telling somebody using words like "racism" that the topic has nothing to do with race?

Words have specific meanings. I realize from previous threads that you don't have a very good grasp of this concept, but come on.

Poisoning, shooting and drowning may all kill a person, but that doesn't make them the same.

The quotation is both racist (in that Jews are a race) and bigotry (because Christianity is a religion).

The reason for the quotation's existence is so that neither group would be able to subvert Islam. They would need to convert to Islam first.

11 hours ago, Rip said:

I don't find the degree really that bad.

However this is really bad as an artist hiding personal/political messages is a super no-no, and grounds for immediate termination of your contract. 

A no brainer super dumb movie. Sadly I would fire him if he was an artist working for me. It would leave me with little choice.

Agree.  Overall the act was minor.  However, you can't force your views on those who don't want it...had to be terminated just to stem the potential fallout from this.

I wonder if he would have done it if he knew his contract would be terminated.  I assume that is a dream job.

Edited by AnthonyTheAbyss
Because I felt like it

7 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Hello Pot......This is the Kettle..... (coming from a guy who belongs to a religion in which he as an artist can't even draw his prophet, for fears of idolatry). 

Edited by Mercury Man

2 hours ago, Mercury Man said:
8 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Hello Pot......This is the Kettle..... (coming from a guy who belongs to a religion in which he as an artist can't even draw his prophet, for fears of idolatry). 

I'm not sure what you're saying.

10 hours ago, VintageComics said:

I'm not sure what you're saying.

He's saying the artist in question had no mercy on the elected official he was protesting and other details etc, and he was complaining that Jews also had no mercy, ie the pot calling the kettle black

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

He's saying the artist in question had no mercy on the elected official he was protesting and other details etc, and he was complaining that Jews also had no mercy, ie the pot calling the kettle black

Gotcha. Thanks.