• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hidden messages in X-Men Gold #1 (?)
1 1

224 posts in this topic

I don't think that, if you were curious, it would be too difficult to Google what's on Colossus' shirt and discover what it's referencing.  Not tough detective work at all.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Actually from my understanding this is not the first time he did this. Given his history of implementing political ideals and now Islamic biblical concepts you'd think someone would be editing him like a hawk. But he was actually outed by someone on Facebook. How big of an insufficiently_thoughtful_person do u feel now Marvel?

1 hour ago, Senormac said:

Marvel just got lazy, unless it is thought that they were a blind eyed partner in this.  The full responsibility still lies with the artist

The responsibility lies with the artist AND all the people that signed off on the artwork after proofreading it.  They missed it and are just as culpable in the situation.

Is the artist going to be kicked to the curb or will they continue to use him?   That will provide an answer about how Marvel views the situation.

Edited by Lucky Baru

1 hour ago, Senormac said:

Marvel just got lazy, unless it is thought that they were a blind eyed partner in this.  The full responsibility still lies with the artist

Wouldn't anyone think to say "hey, what are these weird numbers and letters on his jersey?"

I tried getting through Amazing Spider-man 25 (Vol 4) ... I really really tried. 

Maybe it will make sense when I re-read it through Marvel Unlimited and can read the dozen or so tie-ins. 

57 minutes ago, Lucky Baru said:

The responsibility lies with the artist AND all the people that signed off on the artwork after proofreading it.  They missed it and are just as culpable in the situation.

Is the artist going to be kicked to the curb or will they continue to use him?   That will provide an answer about how Marvel views the situation.

That's not (just) the point. Did marvel call on a recall like they have done in the past with hidden slander messages?

Did Marvel issue an apology?

Any written statement condemning that message?

7 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Wouldn't anyone think to say "hey, what are these weird numbers and letters on his jersey?"

Yup.  And, as I said, take 10 seconds' worth of painstaking effort to Google them.

Really.

Edited by Ken Aldred

any apology that comes out of this will be back-handed & half-assed. Probably blaming the people that said "isn't that kinda not cool in an X-book?" for finding it or taking issue with it. And something about supporting their creators' rights to free speech or something. 

An apology indicates some measure of responsibility so perhaps for legal reasons they don't issue apologies for stuff.