• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seller trying to cancel order after 12 hours because he hated the sale price. What can I do?

48 posts in this topic

Seller trying to cancel order after 12 hours because he hated the sale price. What can I do?

I recently won what would have been my first ever sketch cover.  It was a beautiful Frank Brunner piece of Doctor Strange, my favorite character.
Some back history on the item - It initially went up for sale in February, and sold to a single bidder at auction for around $350 shipped.  

The auction I won yesterday came from this same buyer, who had a history of trying to flip it over the past few months for $5,000.   After zero bites he put it up for auction format, which is where I won it at $313.  I am curious if anyone here is familiar with this seller as he is also selling several high dollar items like TOS 309, XMen 1, IH181 etc all also ending yesterday.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Doctor-Strange-1-CGC-9-8-SS-WHITE-Pages-Frank-Brunner-Original-Sketch-Cover-/192147063747

This morning the seller sent me a "Order Cancelled" notice through ebay stating "Item is out of stock or damaged".  

I am not aware of what else I can do at this point. I've tried contacting the seller but have been ignored.

Edited by 90sChild

Give him a negative and move on.  Not really any way to force a seller to send you the book but you can warn others thru the feedback.  At least you can leave feedback - sellers can't leave bad feedback for bad buyers.

Neg him & move on. And if he contacts you to try to convince you to withdraw the neg? Only agree if he sells it to you at your winning bid price. Otherwise? Let him live with the neg. It's a great looking book but screw that guy.

I echo the advice to give the guy a negative feedback, but also watch to see if he resists the item.  If he does, bid that thing through the roof, and when you win, tell him that your sorry, but you're not happy with the selling price and won't be purchasing the item after all.

Edited by Batman1fan

while satisfying, you could get suspended for seller interference and he would just second chance offer to next highest bidder for same amount.

This has happened to me a a few times. Was a few years ago but once I got a book that usually goes for around $100 for $12 and got a message that the book was destroyed in a fire immediately after the auction. I asked fore the fire report and got cursed out for insinuating they were lying . . Next time it happened was told it was stolen . Again asked for a police report and was again cursed out. Once other time got a message like yours that the item was not in stock and they had a large inventory and lost track alot. That one I did not ask for anything and moved on.  Thought that could happen.  As for your case , I  would just leave a Neg and move on, you will never get the item so dont let it eat at you . Ebay will be no help.

Maybe put him in blocked bidder thread to curtail his ability to buy and flip.....

Yep.  that's what happened to seller who kept cancling the Millie 69-he racked up quite a few negs, and wasn't able to sell much after that.