• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

another signature-defiled page? Walking Dead cast

32 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, pemart1966 said:

I hope that the piece comes with a signature guide because there's only 2 or 3 that are actually legible...

I am surprised Leonard Cohen signed it...he is a great songwriter and all but...:wink:

If it was from an early issue, a cover or otherwise significant moment then I would be bothered. This is a standard page from issue 113.  

What if this was instead a blah page from Star Wars 100 something. Would the signatures of the main characters add to the piece?

Nothing a good matt and a healthy dose of whiteout couldn't fix!

Although I'm usually heavily against signatures appearing inside of the image, I don't actually mind this one.  Might appeal to a WD fan with lots of other examples in his collection.  Would make a good conversational piece if on display in your home.

I see this a lot on various FB groups where pop culture stuff is traded. (Not comic art specific. Mostly posters.) It's bad enough when people have this done to a limited edition print (that may fetch a couple hundred dollars in NM condition), but whenever I see someone asking if they should get original art signed by an actor (sometimes one with a thin connection to the piece) I cringe. And try to talk them out of it.

On 4/25/2017 at 8:27 PM, buyatari said:

If it was from an early issue, a cover or otherwise significant moment then I would be bothered. This is a standard page from issue 113.  

What if this was instead a blah page from Star Wars 100 something. Would the signatures of the main characters add to the piece?

Harrison Ford's signature on a Han Solo SW page? Not a negative in my book.

Here's one for you though: If Tobey Maguire's signature was on the Ditko page currently in HA ( ASM 23 page ) would it affect the value? I think it would. Let's say three guys were going to bid more than $100k on it, I could certainly see this discouraging one or more of them from participating.

19 hours ago, J.Sid said:

Harrison Ford's signature on a Han Solo SW page? Not a negative in my book.

Here's one for you though: If Tobey Maguire's signature was on the Ditko page currently in HA ( ASM 23 page ) would it affect the value? I think it would. Let's say three guys were going to bid more than $100k on it, I could certainly see this discouraging one or more of them from participating.

Sure Toby would hurt the value big time in my eyes. It isn't about all art trumping all signatures. Rather does the art in question trump the autographs in question.

hmm I see this as having crossed over from low end throwaway "original art" (I don't follow WD but it doesn't seem to be a key page?) to pop culture conversation piece.

the signatures are going to be the most interesting to most non art afficianados.

Edited by Twanj