• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED
3 3

107 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Everybody has to keep watching the boards all the time. Day and night. :baiting:

Definitely seems a little slower around here lately. 

Maybe the new boards layout is a bit offputting for some?
Also, I would love to se more GA-period material (not just comics, magazines and books et al). :x

16 minutes ago, vaillant said:

Maybe the new boards layout is a bit offputting for some?
Also, I would love to se more GA-period material (not just comics, magazines and books et al). :x

You know the best way to get more stuff shown here?  Buy more.  These kind folks are trying to sell their goods, and the more they move, the more people will offer great stuff.  Vote with your dollars!

42 minutes ago, Comcav said:

You know the best way to get more stuff shown here?  Buy more.  These kind folks are trying to sell their goods, and the more they move, the more people will offer great stuff.  Vote with your dollars!

I agree with this. Not just for myself but for the community as a whole. This is a place where, thank to CGC, we can meet and exchange money for comics or make trades with NO FEES at all, other than the Paypal fees. It baffles me that boardies put their books on eBay or other venues before giving it a shot here, but when people don't buy here they don't want to sell here. 

29 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I agree with this. Not just for myself but for the community as a whole. This is a place where, thank to CGC, we can meet and exchange money for comics or make trades with NO FEES at all, other than the Paypal fees. It baffles me that boardies put their books on eBay or other venues before giving it a shot here, but when people don't buy here they don't want to sell here. 

Dittos on this Rick. I've made several attempts on the boards to sell with limited success. Maybe it's the books themselves or the price?  The only other place to sell books is Feebay, which I hate to do but the books do sell there.

I do love buying here on the board though.

Just now, misterrmystery said:

Dittos on this Rick. I've made several attempts on the boards to sell with limited success. Maybe it's the books themselves or the price?  The only other place to sell books is Feebay, which I hate to do but the books do sell there.

I do love buying here on the board though.

This particular thread- it does not bother me that a lot of the books have not sold. I know that most of these books are priced above the mean, but not in all cases. Compare my Archie 46 to the 3.0 on eBay. It is also the nicest copy that I see available on the internet right now. CC has a 5.0 (?) :roflmao: for sale now for $125 but it is pretty rough. 

This is not a group of books that have to be sold, but it is the money I use to breathe more money back into the community by buying more books.

8 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

This particular thread- it does not bother me that a lot of the books have not sold. I know that most of these books are priced above the mean, but not in all cases. Compare my Archie 46 to the 3.0 on eBay. It is also the nicest copy that I see available on the internet right now. CC has a 5.0 (?) :roflmao: for sale now for $125 but it is pretty rough. 

This is not a group of books that have to be sold, but it is the money I use to breathe more money back into the community by buying more books.

Funny that I was never into Archie Comics until I saw some of them posted here with  the awesome headlight covers. Now if I can just sell a few books, maybe I can pick up a few. :juggle: