• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA With Less Than Ten Copies in the CGC Census
31 31

2,844 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Only one on the census, but I think this one goes in the category of "books no one can be bothered to slab"

HAldr_8_87.jpg

I noticed a dealer at the show this weekend, in addition to his 10x guide prices on random higher number teen humor books, he also took the time to add comments along the lines of " none on cgc census" or 2 or whatever and yes books nobody would grade. I tried talking sense into him but couldn't. 

9 hours ago, Junkdrawer said:

I noticed a dealer at the show this weekend, in addition to his 10x guide prices on random higher number teen humor books, he also took the time to add comments along the lines of " none on cgc census" or 2 or whatever and yes books nobody would grade. I tried talking sense into him but couldn't. 

Well, having seen you in action, if you couldn't talk sense into him (i.e., got his prices down!), then it can't be done. :)

1 hour ago, Junkdrawer said:
1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

Well, having seen you in action, if you couldn't talk sense into him (i.e., got his prices down!), then it can't be done. :)

Figured you be here. All the cool kid are. 

:cool:

2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Thought I'd revive the thread with this one.  Unless I'm missing something, there are no copies on the census. Kind of surprising for a 1943 book from a major publisher (Dell) with cover and interior art by a collectible artist (Walt Kelly).

lf_zpsyqplq1wi.JPG

Never seen that cover before but it is awesome.  Looks like it has all the childhood classics. (worship)

3 hours ago, comicjack said:

Great threesome and love the new Porky sigline :headbang:

Thanks Jack! I'm happy to have completed the set.

...and Warner Archives just released a new multi disc DVD set 'Porky Pig 101' featuring all the b&w Porky shorts geared at the 'adult' collector. I did it in observance.