• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA With Less Than Ten Copies in the CGC Census
31 31

2,844 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

8 on the census, I was hoping it would not get bid up quite so high.

s-l1600.jpg

Nice book Sharon! I think that one was once mine.  Great simple cover with bright contrasting primary colors. 

Edited by Microbia

1 hour ago, Microbia said:

Nice book Sharon! I think that one was once mine.  Great simple cover with bright contrasting primary colors. 

Thanks, Shay...I used to buy or at least bid on  a lot of your books, now i wish I had just raided your collection;) 

On 4/10/2018 at 2:23 PM, telerites said:
On 4/10/2018 at 11:41 AM, sagii said:

Zero copies on the census.....

Scream Comics #17.jpg

She looks like Judy Canova.  Only oldsters probably know who that is.  

Have never seen that one Corey.  

Who could forget Judy?  Only five of these babies on the census. Cover by Wally Wood!

2017-10-11-0001_zps2le2muor.JPG

35 minutes ago, Microbia said:

Four on census.  An obscure one shot. Oksner art.

C618D207-7CA7-44C4-BA21-B5C747E372C1.jpeg

Great book!  I actually enjoyed reading this one as well.  I believe the character (or character concept) originated from a newspaper strip.  Lots of action.

Edited by CrocHntr

2 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Yikes, I never even heard of her.  She does have a face for radio from what I can tell.

You, younster, you.  I am not old enough to have heard her on the radio broadcasts but I listen to OTR a lot.  Funny lady and very popular.  

3 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:

2 books total, this one is highest graded by a mile.

CaptainAero.4.thumb.jpg.ab0e58e428fc49fc

Pretty book.  If I’m not mistaken, none of the first 24 issues of Captain Aero have more than 10 copies on the census.  However, the last two sci-fi issues do top the 10 copy barrier.

1 hour ago, walclark said:

Pretty book.  If I’m not mistaken, none of the first 24 issues of Captain Aero have more than 10 copies on the census.  However, the last two sci-fi issues do top the 10 copy barrier.

It wouldn't shock me!  Your run is one of the most impressive (and underrated) I've seen.  You see some of the later books for sale fairly regularly, but the early ones are super tough.  

Two on census. Cool early Buscema art.   Cover effect was very progressive for the time, using a single color you wouldn’t first think of for a comic of this genre. And curious if anyone knows what other monochrome (for main art AND background) covers there were from the golden age (I can’t think of any right off the bat).

EE145EA2-E7E9-4AB8-BFAA-A86D98C39119.jpeg

Those were all great copies, the ones I'm going to show next, are not;) they were the only ones I could find, with a few exceptions, just showing them in case you see a copy so you will know .

This is not so easy, I keep finding books with 10 or 11 copies, not less than 10, lol.

anyway, 5 copies on the census.

5ad68c0a2ac3e_5oncensus.thumb.jpg.b15648ac300c2cb2a48e2c450daedd3c.jpg