• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Found some unusual items....

16 posts in this topic

I recently bought some items at a recent Estate sale from a collector. Can anyone tell what they are and if they have any value?

The first seems to be a British reprint of FANTASTIC FOUR comics. What is cool is that the art is in black and white so you can see the Kirby art in all its glory. It is smaller than a normal comic though. Anyone know anything about this?

GEDC1452.JPG

I did find this as well. I did some research and it seems to be the 1st appearance (depending on who you ask) of HARLEY QUINN. Is this true? Also seems to be autographed but I can't tell who. Any info in this item? I only paid $25 for it so I wanted to see if I paid too much.

GEDC1458.JPG

GEDC1459.JPG

9 minutes ago, Dogsupreme said:

I did find this as well. I did some research and it seems to be the 1st appearance (depending on who you ask) of HARLEY QUINN. Is this true? Also seems to be autographed but I can't tell who. Any info in this item? I only paid $25 for it so I wanted to see if I paid too much.

GEDC1458.JPG

GEDC1459.JPG

$25 is a good price for that.  seems to sell for a chunk more. who is the autograph?

23 minutes ago, Dogsupreme said:

Really? What does it go for?I can't seem to find any examples of any recent sales.

I don't see any recent sales.  The book/set tape is up for consignment at Mycomicshop for $300, although I see some in other places in the $100s in varying condition.

My guess is that if you confirmed the signature and put it up for $99.99 at auction with a good description you would do pretty well.

Just now, the blob said:

I don't see any recent sales.  The book/set tape is up for consignment at Mycomicshop for $300, although I see some in other places in the $100s in varying condition.

My guess is that if you confirmed the signature and put it up for $99.99 at auction with a good description you would do pretty well.

Thanks! I may keep it for awhile though. I had never seen one until now. Seems hard to find apparently complete.

13 minutes ago, the blob said:

The signature is surely authentic.  His K  and C are very distinct, and it matches this one to a T.  The value is in the fact that this is the first "print" appearance of Harley Quinn.  

1 hour ago, Dogsupreme said:

I recently bought some items at a recent Estate sale from a collectorimageproxy.php?img=&key=31b352271b3a5a4b. Can anyone tell what they are and if they have any value?

The first seems to be a British reprint of FANTASTIC FOUR comics. What is cool is that the art is in black and white so you can see the Kirby art in all its glory. It is smaller than a normal comic though. Anyone know anything about this?

GEDC1452.JPG

Marvel UK published a line of Pocket Book reprints during Dez Skinn's tenure in the early 80s.

link

7 hours ago, jaybuck43 said:

The signature is surely authentic.  His K  and C are very distinct, and it matches this one to a T.  The value is in the fact that this is the first "print" appearance of Harley Quinn.  

Whose sig is it? That's what I'd want to confirm. Authenticity is impossible to prove, but a forgery seems awfully unlikely. Anyway, the sig not a problem as it is on the plastic, not the book

8 hours ago, jaybuck43 said:

What about the coloring book ? I thought that was the alleged 1st App. hm

5 hours ago, divad said:

What about the coloring book ? I thought that was the alleged 1st App. hm

O definitely not. The coloring book was distributed with Mask of the Phantasm and is dated December 1993, the movies release date was December 25th 1993 (so Christmas day).  Almost got Im was published in August of 1993, so predates the coloring book by about 3 months.

6 hours ago, the blob said:

Whose sig is it? That's what I'd want to confirm. Authenticity is impossible to prove, but a forgery seems awfully unlikely. Anyway, the sig not a problem as it is on the plastic, not the book

Kevin Conroy, the Batman voice actor from the TV show (and also, the voice of Batman on the tape that comes with the book). Super nice guy, and amazing voice actor.

On 5/17/2017 at 6:22 AM, jaybuck43 said:

Kevin Conroy, the Batman voice actor from the TV show (and also, the voice of Batman on the tape that comes with the book). Super nice guy, and amazing voice actor.

And for me (and many others, I suspect), the One True Batman.