• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dastardly GGA Bondage Covers
4 4

218 posts in this topic

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 4:41 PM, jimjum12 said:

oys6qir.jpg

I have always liked that cover and I did manage to find a copy.  It is usually noted as a rare Fox cover but it is actually a cross-over cover with Richy the Amazing Boy, The Fox and possibly Hercules on the ramp.  Unfortunately, there is nothing about all of those guys together in the interior stories.

2233937511_78567fdd4a_z.jpg23556752861_657b177521_b.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

On 6/26/2017 at 0:00 AM, Ricksneatstuff said:

Picked up this one tonight. 

IMG_5167.PNG

But is he a hero or villain? Either way I love Manhunt.

Edited by n2wdw

I don't know if anyone mentioned Bobby Benson yet but I can't let it be by passed.  I think Ayers did great bizarre horror art.  Some argue that it was done by Schomburg but I think that argument was put to rest by Ayers claim to credit.

3298204120_3a419fd0c5_b.jpg

3 hours ago, BB-Gun said:

I don't know if anyone mentioned Bobby Benson yet but I can't let it be by passed.  I think Ayers did great bizarre horror art.  Some argue that it was done by Schomburg but I think that argument was put to rest by Ayers claim to credit.

3298204120_3a419fd0c5_b.jpg

Ayers said that he inked a drawing penciled by Schomburg.  The cover is a fun story and, like most of Ayers' work, an enjoyable read.

23 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

Ayers said that he inked a drawing penciled by Schomburg.  The cover is a fun story and, like most of Ayers' work, an enjoyable read.

the GCD says Pencils: Ayers | Inks: Ernie Bache | Letters: typeset

and also by Ayers (signed this time)

4793853255_0997d331f8_b.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

2 minutes ago, BB-Gun said:

the GCD says Pencils: Ayers | Inks: Ernie Bache | Letters: typeset

Ayers made the remark as part of an extended interview on his career.  I don't recall the exact book/magazine as I have too many.

On 6/25/2017 at 5:44 PM, n2wdw said:

So many great, dastardly comics here.  Here's one that's already been mentioned, but I just recently won it on eBay.  The beautiful girl slowly being lowered into acid, as her hero looks on helplessly.  Differently dastardly!

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.508cc60dff0db0640b08101f44e0c814.jpg

That was you??? Arghh- but congrats!