A lot of decent stuff coming on the Auction block
6 6

504 posts in this topic

batman_fan   
  • Member
  • 10,477 posts
  • Location: CO

HA

    Science 2, Church

    WonderWorld 7 in 8.0 hm

ComicConnect

    Several Superman 1's

    Fantastic 3 hmhm

Comiclink

   Adventure 40 :luhv:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


woowoo   
  • Member
  • 2,670 posts
  • Location: North bay

Steve has to sell his old copy of Fantastic 3 right :acclaim:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
batman_fan   
  • Member
  • 10,477 posts
  • Location: CO
1 hour ago, woowoo said:

Steve has to sell his old copy of Fantastic 3 right :acclaim:

Yeah but what will it go for?  $10k, $20k, $40k, $100k ?  Will be interesting to watch. On thing I am sure of is it will be more than I am willing to spend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lou_fine   
  • Member
  • 7,768 posts
46 minutes ago, batman_fan said:
1 hour ago, woowoo said:

Steve has to sell his old copy of Fantastic 3 right :acclaim:

Yeah but what will it go for?  $10k, $20k, $40k, $100k ?  Will be interesting to watch. On thing I am sure of is it will be more than I am willing to spend. 

Which one of his multiple old copies will he be selling?  hm

Or is this where we see 10 straight CC auctions with a copy of Fantastic 3 in each one of them as Steve disposes of his long held hoard of his favorite book.  lol

On the other hand, is this another copy of FC 3 that Steve gets to add into his little hoard as he's trying to corner the market?  hm

Edited by lou_fine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
batman_fan   
  • Member
  • 10,477 posts
  • Location: CO
32 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Which one of his multiple old copies will he be selling?  hm

Or is this where we see 10 straight CC auctions with a copy of Fantastic 3 in each one of them as Steve disposes of his long held hoard of his favorite book.  lol

On the other hand, is this another copy of FC 3 that Steve gets to add into his little hoard as he's trying to corner the market?  hm

Wish we knew so we could apply the appropriate punishment bids :devil:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sqeggs   
  • Member: Seasoned Veteran
  • 18,384 posts
3 hours ago, woowoo said:

Steve has to sell his old copy of Fantastic 3 right :acclaim:

He has a box of copies in a display case in the Metro office.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
woowoo   
  • Member
  • 2,670 posts
  • Location: North bay

The time to buy this book and have multiple copy's is gone sell sell sell:popcorn:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ricksneatstuff   
22 hours ago, batman_fan said:

HA

    Science 2, Church

    WonderWorld 7 in 8.0 hm

ComicConnect

    Several Superman 1's

    Fantastic 3 hmhm

Comiclink

   Adventure 40 :luhv:

Wow!! Some pretty amazing stuff coming.  I wondered where the Church Science 2 was.  hm

Edited by Ricksneatstuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lou_fine   
  • Member
  • 7,768 posts
1 hour ago, Ricksneatstuff said:
On 6/27/2017 at 8:35 PM, batman_fan said:

HA

    Science 2, Church

    WonderWorld 7 in 8.0 hm

ComicConnect

        Fantastic 3 hmhm

 

Wow!! Some pretty amazing stuff coming.  I wondered where the Church Science 2 was.  hm

Well, I would certainly expect the Science 2 to pull in some Jon Berk-like multiple since you can't beat a Church copy, especially when it's also the highest graded copy to date by far. 

Actually, I expect all 3 of these highly desirable Fox book to do real well and will most likely be picked up by some buyers with deep pockets..  Heritage is already hyping the Wonderworld 7 as a book that they expect to sell for multiples of guide.  Can't really argue with them since it's also got the bonus of old label goodness since it was graded back in 2002.  hm  :luhv:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
batman_fan   
  • Member
  • 10,477 posts
  • Location: CO
9 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, I would certainly expect the Science 2 to pull in some Jon Berk-like multiple since you can't beat a Church copy, especially when it's also the highest graded copy to date by far. 

Actually, I expect all 3 of these highly desirable Fox book to do real well and will most likely be picked up by some buyers with deep pockets..  Heritage is already hyping the Wonderworld 7 as a book that they expect to sell for multiples of guide.  Can't really argue with them since it's also got the bonus of old label goodness since it was graded back in 2002.  hm  :luhv:

 

NGIT covers always go for big bucks (thumbsu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lou_fine   
  • Member
  • 7,768 posts
2 minutes ago, batman_fan said:
13 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, I would certainly expect the Science 2 to pull in some Jon Berk-like multiple since you can't beat a Church copy, especially when it's also the highest graded copy to date by far. 

Actually, I expect all 3 of these highly desirable Fox book to do real well and will most likely be picked up by some buyers with deep pockets..  Heritage is already hyping the Wonderworld 7 as a book that they expect to sell for multiples of guide.  Can't really argue with them since it's also got the bonus of old label goodness since it was graded back in 2002.  hm  :luhv:

 

NGIT covers always go for big bucks (thumbsu

They certainly don't seem to come around very often, especially as the years go by. 

Always love the Fox books, but my pockets are far too shallow to even be thinking about these 3 books.  :cry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jimjum12   
  • Member: Seasoned Veteran
  • 23,383 posts
  • Location: In line at the Principal's office

I don't expect the MH copy of Seven Seas 6 to go quietly..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sqeggs   
  • Member: Seasoned Veteran
  • 18,384 posts
41 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

I don't expect the MH copy of Seven Seas 6 to go quietly..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

In the August Heritage auction?  I don't see it. hm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jimjum12   
  • Member: Seasoned Veteran
  • 23,383 posts
  • Location: In line at the Principal's office

Upcoming CC auction........ Event that is.............. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sqeggs   
  • Member: Seasoned Veteran
  • 18,384 posts
16 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

Upcoming CC auction........ Event that is.............. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Ah, ok.  Thanks.  

Will it be the first Baker cover to clear the $10K mark? 

Edited by Sqeggs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lou_fine   
  • Member
  • 7,768 posts
1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:
1 hour ago, jimjum12 said:

Upcoming CC auction........ Event that is.............. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Ah, ok.  Thanks.  

Will it be the first Baker cover to clear the $10K mark? 

Definitely NOT as the 5th highest graded copy of Seven Seas 4 already did that earlier this year:  :whatthe:  :whatthe:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/seven-seas-comics-4-universal-phoenix-feature-1947-cgc-vf-85-off-white-pages/a/7158-91100.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Looks like the Seven Seas 6 was graded back in 2012 which many considered to be a relatively soft grading time period.  Must take a closer look at the actual book itself, although it is a Church copy and you can't go wrong with that.  (thumbsu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lou_fine   
  • Member
  • 7,768 posts

Oh wow  :whatthe:  :whatthe:  :whatthe: ................finally, a nice copy of a Fox book which all of us regular collectors can hopefully afford.

The highest graded copy of Mystery Men 11 which is tied with the Allentown copy and owned by one of our esteemed board members here who emphatically states that it is not going to be available in the marketplace anytime soon.

Will definitely beat the price of the Allentown copy which was brought over 10 years ago when the Fox books were going through a cooling period.  Will be interesting to see if it passes the sale price for the Church copy in the recent Berk auction since the MH copy is quite a few grade notches lower than this copy here.  hm

And as a added bonus, it's also old label goodness which doesn't come around that often and is generally hard to beat.  :cloud9:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sagii   
  • Member
  • 4,267 posts
  • Location: NYC
22 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Definitely NOT as the 5th highest graded copy of Seven Seas 4 already did that earlier this year:  :whatthe:  :whatthe:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/seven-seas-comics-4-universal-phoenix-feature-1947-cgc-vf-85-off-white-pages/a/7158-91100.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Looks like the Seven Seas 6 was graded back in 2012 which many considered to be a relatively soft grading time period.  Must take a closer look at the actual book itself, although it is a Church copy and you can't go wrong with that.  (thumbsu

...And it's not a Romance book :whatthe: :whatthe: 

but i hazzard an 8.0 Cinderella Love could match that hm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sqeggs   
  • Member: Seasoned Veteran
  • 18,384 posts
1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Definitely NOT as the 5th highest graded copy of Seven Seas 4 already did that earlier this year:  :whatthe:  :whatthe:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/seven-seas-comics-4-universal-phoenix-feature-1947-cgc-vf-85-off-white-pages/a/7158-91100.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Looks like the Seven Seas 6 was graded back in 2012 which many considered to be a relatively soft grading time period.  Must take a closer look at the actual book itself, although it is a Church copy and you can't go wrong with that.  (thumbsu

How quickly we forget! I remember following that auction closely. doh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sqeggs   
  • Member: Seasoned Veteran
  • 18,384 posts
1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Looks like the Seven Seas 6 was graded back in 2012 which many considered to be a relatively soft grading time period.  

Honestly, I've never believed in the tight period/loose period stuff.  I think there are books that look overgraded and books that look undergraded for every period since CGC opened its doors.  You can probably go back through board posts over the years and find during every period people posting "We're in a tight period" while at the same time other people are posting "We're in a loose period."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
6 6

  • Welcome! Sign up and jump in!

    Membership and use of the boards is FREE! The knowledge available on these boards about comic collecting is an amazing resource for less experienced collectors, and a great place to talk about expert topics with others who can appreciate it for the more experienced collectors. We hope that you find what you came looking for here, but more than that, we hope you find your new comic collecting home.

    After you sign up, introduce yourself! We'd love to know more about your collecting.

  • Upcoming Events

    • 24 September 2017 02:00 PM Until 08:00 PM
      0  
      Sun Sept 24th
      Our “Wayne” Comic Book Expo

      Regency House Hotel
      140 Rt 23 North, Pompton Plains 07444 (just 100 feet from Wayne)

      Admission: only $3.… or buy a pack of 5 show passes good at any show for only $10 (2nd parent, non-collecting significant others and kids under 12 free)

      Parking is easy & FREE!

      Show hours 10-4.

      Keepin’ comics fun since 1991!

      The best dealers in the northeast with hundreds of thousands of comics for sale. We have everything from Golden Age to this week's current comics. Hot titles, variant editions and investment grade CGC books, too. Don't miss our unbeatable selection of comics for serious collectors and thousands of bargain comics for beginners or folks that just love to be able to buy tons and not break the bank.

      Lots of new inventory and some new dealers!

      Our notorious no minimum bid auction is at noon!

      Seeya at the show,

      JP

      Don’t forget to check out our website: http://www.njcomicbookshows.com/

      …and “Like us” on Facebook at NJ Comic Book Shows


      Upcoming shows:

      Clifton 10/8

      Hasbrouck Heights 10/22

      Clifton 11/12
    • 29 October 2017 06:00 PM Until 30 October 2017 12:00 AM
      2  
      12th Vancouver Comic and Toy Show. 2 sold out halls with over 11,500 square feet of vintage and new comics, pop culture, toys, Star Wars, cosplay, and $1 blow out comics. Croatian Cultural Center at 3250 Commercial Drive, Vancouver, BC. $8 general admission, kids under 13 free admission. Free parking or walk from Broadway skytrain station. Top door prizes will be two (2) $100 comics/toy gift cards. Local comic guests to be announced. More info and updates at Vancouver Comic Show & pics .