• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED
4 4

451 posts in this topic

Well,    I  stumbled  across   a nice batch  of  Modesty  Blaise  newspaper  strip  dailies,  and  felt obliged to  buy them  at  the price offered.

Now  I'm  broke,   lol  

Time  to  list  some  comics  to   get me  back  to  square  one.  But first:

DA RULEZ

I'll put up a big scan of the FC,  note anything else I spot,  and as always,  if you'd like a scan of the  back cover I'll be happy to  supply it.

Shipping to USA preferred, but if you want something sent to Canada or overseas PM me and we'll work something out.

:takeit: rules the roost,  but PM's, kibitzing,  and general tomfoolery  are welcome.

$7  Priority flat shipping to the USA,  one book or a stack.  Canada or overseas to be determined.  For the bargainminded  I can ship up to about three books  First Class for  $4

CHECK OR MONEY ORDER  PREFERRED, I just plain out don't like paypal.   If you just GOTTA pay with paypal  PM me and we'll work something out.

Returns for any reason on your dime,  and  for any missed major  flaw or bad description on my dime.

My Kudos thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4287314#Post4287314

Here we go!

Let's get  the one in the oversized,   awkward   bag out of the way first.

Red Ryder  1   A Hi-Spot  Comic

Became  Hi-Spot  with issue 2,  went  right back  to Red Ryder  with issue  three.   Those  GA  publishers  were just  odd  sometimes. 

Three staple  binding,   cover is loose  with pieces out of the spine at the upper two staples,  and  a teensy  piece  of tape at the middle  staple re-attaching  it  to the interior. Spine roll,  the  aforementioned pieces out, otherwise tight  interior  with  supple  cream pages.  

I believe this is the only copy I've ever  seen  in person.
O'Street  G is  $245,   I'm  asking   $220

1GXwVZM.jpg

Edited by catrick339

Authentic  Police Cases 36

Late  issue  with  Baker  cover  and art,  plus  a couple  reprint  stories.  Tight spine,  good  gloss,  some  minor  wear  FC.   BC  has  Marvel-style  chipping  across upper edge,   with  a bit more lower edge.  Interior   has  chips off  several  late pages  upper corner,   nothing  anywhere near the art. 

Interior  is  tight  with cream  to  offwhite  pages.

Grab  a glossy one  for $50  SOLD!

EWvuQv0.jpg

Edited by catrick339

1 minute ago, catrick339 said:

Authentic  Police Cases 36

Late  issue  with  Baker  cover  and art,  plus  a couple  reprint  stories.  Tight spine,  good  gloss,  some  minor  wear  FC.   BC  has  Marvel-style  chipping  across upper edge,   with  a bit more lower edge.  Interior   has  chips off  several  late pages  upper corner,   nothing  anywhere near the art. 

Interior  is  tight  with cream  to  offwhite  pages.

Grab  a glossy one  for $50

EWvuQv0.jpg

I'll take it

Peanuts 6

Spine roll,  corner off upper LH BC   some general wear. Tight  with offwhite pages, 

Asking  $10

XEWdV9Q.jpg

Just now, retrocomics said:

A Catrick thread! Sweet

(Blushes  just  a  teensy  bit,  goes back to scanning)

The Sinister House  Of  Secret  Love   #1

Here you go  DC  Fans, an affordable copy  of   the  title that  started  the  DC  Gothic  style. 

Tight,   flat,   clean,   glossy,  with  some wear  lower  RH  corner along with  a long light dogear,   couple  1/8"  tears  LH  BC,  white  pages. 

Asking  $35 SOLD!

dTR749d.jpg

Edited by catrick339

1 minute ago, catrick339 said:

The Sinister House  Of  Secret  Love   #1

Here you go  DC  Fans, an affordable copy  of   the  title that  started  the  DC  Gothic  style. 

Tight,   flat,   clean,   glossy,  with  some wear  lower  RH  corner along with  a long light dogear,   couple  1/8"  tears  LH  BC,  white  pages. 

Asking  $35

dTR749d.jpg

I'll Take It 

Penny 2

Okay,   so  Archie  was  making  a  ton of  dough   for  MLJ,   here's  Avon's  attempt  to  jump on the  bandwagon in 1948

Flat  and tight,   clean with offwhite - white pages.  NCB  dogear  upper  RH FC,  two 1/8"  tears  RH edge FC.  Tear  along  upper 

staple  BC,  but  cover is still  attached.   

Pretty  midgrader  for  $20 SOLD!

Fbzkmf1.jpg

Edited by catrick339

1 minute ago, Patriot6 said:

A 25 center Rick?! 

(Bows head  in shame,  goes  back  to scanning)

5 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Penny 2

Okay,   so  Archie  was  making  a  ton of  dough   for  MLJ,   here's  Avon's  attempt  to  jump on the  bandwagon in 1948

Flat  and tight,   clean with offwhite - white pages.  NCB  dogear  upper  RH FC,  two 1/8"  tears  RH edge FC.  Tear  along  upper 

Pretty  midgrader  for  $20

Fbzkmf1.jpg

5 minutes ago, catrick339 said:

Penny 2

Pretty  midgrader  for  $20

Fbzkmf1.jpg

take

Crime Does Not Pay 78

Spine roll,   erasure  on  grease marker  in  logo,   a bit of soiling.   Displays nicely  in spite of it, tight  spine  and CF,  supple  cream  pages.

$20 takes it.

oLPmL1d.jpg