• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RIP: Joan Lee
2 2

46 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, oakman29 said:

I hate to be the one to say this ,but.

Whenever a spouse loses a lifelong partner, it's usually not long after the spouse passes away .

I have heard it called many things, loneliness,dying of a broken heart, nothing to live for etc.etc.

Just saw this.  It brings me a very heavy heart, cant imagine what it must be like to loose your partner of a lifetime like this.   Absolutely heartbreaking.     A huge thank you to Stan and his wife for what they have given us.  

8 hours ago, oakman29 said:

I hate to be the one to say this ,but.

Whenever a spouse loses a lifelong partner, it's usually not long after the spouse passes away .

I have heard it called many things, loneliness,dying of a broken heart, nothing to live for etc.etc.

She was his motivation to go to the comic shows, to keep working, he just lost half his heart when she passed. I know if I was in his shoes my life would feel empty.  I really feel sad for him right now. 

5 hours ago, Guardian Comics said:

The most telling story of a broken heart is Doug Flutie and his parents, who both died of heart attacks within an hour of each other.  Truly tragic.

Jim

while sad, i have no love for Flutie after what he did to my Canes on that Hail Mary..... ;)

:sorry:RIP in peace to Joan.  Hope Stan find comfort in knowing a lo of people are thinking of him with his loss. 

But Oakman29 does made a good point. My grand aunt, while still alive, is now 93 but is in poor health after my grand uncle passed away at 93. She was fine walking and in good spirits when he was alive. Then after his passing, it all went downhill on her since. I fear that it will not be long by then. 

Now I understood why Stan decided to less his travels to comic cons far away from his hometown. Did he knew that somehow before about his wife? 

Lots of great interviews with Stan and Joan at home in "With Great Power The Stan Lee Story". In one scene his wife is talking about their daughter who sadly passed away after 3 days and you can see him in the background almost out of camera shot tearing up as she talks about it. It's a really moving  and genuine scene. Can't imagine how he must be feeling today. RIP.

I wish Stan Lee the best in these tough times. People can say what they want about Stan,but he truly is comic books greatest ambassador. He helped promote comics in a positive manner to mainstream. I was thinking about other hobbies, and none really had an ambassador of such good will like Stan Lee. We as comic book fans have been really blessed to have someone like Stan Lee in this hobby.