• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your dream comission
2 2

53 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, vodou said:

Nice. I'm there with you except sub Sinnott and a few years later for DAyers.

That would be almost as good for me too.   I love the rawness of the kirby/ayers stuff but the polish of the sinnott is just as nice.

Living:  Definitely Art Adams and one of those insane all-encompassing pieces we've seen lately (X-men and FF).  I'm not even sure I'd care what the subject matter was, but probably a big x-men action piece.

Passed on:  Jorge Zaffino Punisher

Fun thread. Without much thought I would have to go with a Kirby Hulk vs a horde of Kirby monsters on the largest sized paper I could find. Living would have to be McFarlane Hulk vs Spidey (non powered up) or one of the insane Art Adams pieces with the Hulk vs the Marvel Universe

On 8/4/2017 at 7:24 AM, JadeGiant said:

Fun thread. Without much thought I would have to go with a Kirby Hulk vs a horde of Kirby monsters on the largest sized paper I could find. Living would have to be McFarlane Hulk vs Spidey (non powered up) or one of the insane Art Adams pieces with the Hulk vs the Marvel Universe

Speaking of large paper Kirby OA: back in December (or so) of 1982 Kirby did a signing at my LCS called the Comic Book Nook in Simi Valley.  There was a back room where they used to hold gatherings for role playing games (Champions, D&D etc) and at one end of the room there was a roll of paper which was suspended on a hanger of some sort - like a roll of paper a photo studio might use to create a false background for a subject - but at the store it was used to write notes or or doodle on during a game.  I walked back there shortly after the signing and Kirby had drawn a life sized Silver Surfer standing with his board in hand.  It wasn't super detailed, and with a marker only, and the paper was that cheap white "Pictionary" bond stuff, but damn it was cool.  The size alone was so impressive.  I've always wondered what happened to it - hopefully the store owner took it or it wound up somewhere safe.  

A double splash action scene with....

Joe Kubert - Sgt Rock and Easy Co and the Unknown Soldier
Russ Heath - The Haunted Tank
John Severin - The Losers
Mort Drucker - Mlle Marie

Other ideas

Matt Baker - a bevy of lovely ladies
Doug Wildey - Recreation of a classic scene from Jonny Quest. Not sure which scene.
Everett - Something done in the style of an Atlas pre-code horror cover

Edited by Jeffro.

Wow this is real hard to pick one

Alive...

Comic: Frank Brunner - Dr. Strange, Howard the Duck, and Man-Thing fighting against something mystical

Comic Strip: Sam Hurt: Pen and Ink crazy hallucination dream sequence with the characters from Eyebeam

Dead...

Comic: Jack Kirby - nothing but monsters and kirby dots everywhere fighting in an arena with Galactus and the Watcher watching!

Comic Strip: George Herriman - A watercolored Krazy Kat that has the moon in the background.

Living:

Travis Charest: Original Star Wars Trilogy Large Pencil group shot/action.

Barry Windsor Smith: Game of Thrones group action scene.

RIP:

Jack Kirby + Joe Simon: Captain America, Human Torch, Namor Action Scene fighting nazis on a Zeppelin.   

Matt Baker: Wonder Woman pin up.

Edited by Knightsofold

On 7/11/2017 at 10:11 AM, otherworldsj331 said:

Alive - Barry Smith Conan piece.

Ditko Spier-man cover.

No longer with us-  

Curt Swan Action or Superman cover.

This

27 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Kav- anything

:whatthe:

you know damn well I draw for anyone free upon request!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!