• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is the thread 'Newbie Comic Collecting Questions' for real ?
1 1

99 posts in this topic

• Administrator
43 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

One cool thing is that you can't put a Mod on Ignore.  If you think someone is a secret Mod, try putting them on Ignore.

That's funny. Actual mods are role specific - e.g. cgcmodX - and you can't ignore them.

There are some specific limited cases where I've granted TO REGULAR MEMBERS some extra permissions that are NOT moderation for the general forums, but are purpose specific. Those specialized groups don't have the power to remove posts from general boards, or warn users, or any of that, but they do have specific power to do certain things in sub-sections of the site.

One example is the guys who run the VCC.

Another example is when you and I were messing around with other ways to support your comic grading tournament, I actually created a group to give you control of a sub forum dedicated to that. I think as a result of that YOU currently can't be ignored because of those limited "mod-like" powers.

You secret mod, you.

I think I can fix that.

1 hour ago, Architecht said:

That's funny. Actual mods are role specific - e.g. cgcmodX - and you can't ignore them.

There are some specific limited cases where I've granted TO REGULAR MEMBERS some extra permissions that are NOT moderation for the general forums, but are purpose specific. Those specialized groups don't have the power to remove posts from general boards, or warn users, or any of that, but they do have specific power to do certain things in sub-sections of the site.

Another example is when you and I were messing around with other ways to support your comic grading tournament, I actually created a group to give you control of a sub forum dedicated to that. I think as a result of that YOU currently can't be ignored because of those limited "mod-like" powers.

You secret mod, you.

I think I can fix that.

@Architecht

the mobile site is now kind of wonky...... I go to the forums and say I want to click on Comics General..... the last person that posted in CG---their avatar is too big, so big that my finger clicks on "them" instead of going to CG and goes to the profile of the person who posted last....sigh I edited because my english/grammer was terrible... lol 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

@Architecht

the mobile site is now kind of wonky...... I go to the forums and say I want to click on Comics General..... the last person that posted in CG and their avatar is too big, so my finger clicks on "them" instead going to their profile instead of the Comics General forum/threads....

Thanks for the report. We'll try to get this fixed before the weekend.

:wishluck:

13 minutes ago, Scott =) said:

Thanks for the report. We'll try to get this fixed before the weekend.

:wishluck:

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me :) and for making sense of my post lol I knew what I was trying to say, but my text wasn't as clear as it could have been, I edited it and it should have a little more coherence.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me :) and for making sense of my post lol I knew what I was trying to say, but my text wasn't as clear as it could have been, I edited it and it should have a little more coherence.

Take another look please... this issue should be fixed now!

3 hours ago, lizards2 said:

They were all for Marwood and I - maybe that's the problem:  Can't decide whether to allocate them to Marwood or I.

Ah, bless you liz. Give us one each. I feel about as popular as a fart in a spacesuit most days here, so your support is appreciated :foryou:

4 hours ago, Marwood & I said:

Ah, bless you liz. Give us one each. I feel about as popular as a fart in a spacesuit most days here, so your support is appreciated :foryou:

:tink:Both You and Marwood are appreciated big time:tink:Two for the price of one !!!!!

Edited by 1950's war comics

18 hours ago, Scott =) said:
19 hours ago, Marwood & I said:

Sorry Arch, but I've found another problem. In my 'Marvel Pence Price Variant' thread there is a post in which I include a link to my 'L Miller' thread:

3.thumb.PNG.e875b7b89f11e9ac3f57c942552e1988.PNG

The thread link has been replaced with a shot of the CGC title menu. The 'CGC' wording and functions appear to 'activate' when you hover over them, but then do nothing. Very odd.  I have other examples if you need them. 

Weird. We'll take a look at this too.

This seems to be fixed now @Scott =), thanks. The new link preview style looks much better too.

8 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

Marwood and i ... would like you to meet ,,,,,,, Betty and me :idea:

Issue #51
Betty and Me (1966) 51

Image result for benny hill gif

image.png

15 hours ago, Architecht said:
16 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

One cool thing is that you can't put a Mod on Ignore.  If you think someone is a secret Mod, try putting them on Ignore.

You secret mod, you.

I think I can fix that.

BUTM is a secret Mod!?  Sacre bleu! :ohnoez:

Now you've got that off your chest Arch is there any chance - any chance - that you could answer the two questions I've put to you at least four times now through the various channels available to me on these boards? Or have you got me on ignore? :baiting:

Here they are again:

1. Now that strikes are out of the window, can you explain the new boards Moderation process please, specifically in respect of how points accumulate and lead to suspensions / bans etc
  2. When a member is serving a suspension, would it not be fairer to allow them to challenge the suspension via the 'Request a Moderation Review' channel rather than make them wait - potentially unfairly - for the suspension to end as is currently the case?

Thanking you kindly :)

@Architecht

tyk.PNG.54118f9b19f891caedabb46fec83d3f5.PNG

5 hours ago, Marwood & I said:
5 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

Marwood and i ... would like you to meet ,,,,,,, Betty and me :idea:

Issue #51
Betty and Me (1966) 51

Image result for benny hill gif

image.png

tenor.gif

11 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

Worth the risk though if he gets Me and I get Betty liz, no?

sNnZnUZ.gif.387cdb2b40e4430bb774051eaf927e48.gif

I don't think Betty and Me means what you think it does...., hm

Me again @Scott =), sorry.

If you scroll back 3 posts you'll see that I posted a moving gif of Benny Hill - as well as the gif itself, a second photo of it appeared which I did not add. It happens again here:

A picture of the gif appears as well as the moving gif. Is this a system error or something I'm doing wrong?

Another thing I have noticed since the upgrade is that peoples profile pictures have all dropped down an inch or so when viewing on a desktop PC. In my case it cuts out the pictures I wanted to show and - unlike with the pre-upgrade model - you aren't given the option to move / reset the picture how you want it when you upload it: 

pngg.PNG.b22f15e8a3c490df498d2825bd30c5be.PNG

Arch used to have a picture of 3 people boating on his profile and that seems to have dropped to show just the white sky above it (they show on a mobile device):

arch.thumb.PNG.d0a0a703bb28a9937a0f6e457b710844.PNG

Still on profiles, if you look at the picture of Spikes profile below you'll see he has 3 tabs:

spike.thumb.PNG.116f70f3a60a562d82f2a197be16b1b2.PNG

The first one is 'activity' but the second two ('about me' and 'journals') are not headed up in any way so could easily be missed. The layout is not intuitive and the existence of the tabs could be missed by many. If the other two tabs were titled say, in grey, you would see there is something there to click on.

Hope this helps

Cheers

1 minute ago, ygogolak said:

Why only am I now getting timed out of my log in?

We're finally catching on to you?  :cool: