• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Wars Variants Found, how should i sell?
1 1

24 posts in this topic

Not a collector but I have discovered that I have the .35 cent price variant of all four Star Wars issues (#1-#4).  I am currently awaiting grading results but I believe them all to be in at a minimum of 4.0 condition.  Would I be better off selling them individually, as a group of four or should I sell the entire series all together.  I have all but 26 issues of the entire series.  Where should I sell them?   Any suggestions would be very appreciated. 

What Kav said. But he was speaking to just the four issues you are getting graded.

As to where  there is always eBay. You can also sell here on the boards in the for sale section.  You will find though boardies may want references since you just arrived. Keep in mind that the vast majority of your other issues may not be worth much especially if they are in the same sort of condition that you say the first four are in.  You can look on eBay and see what previous sales (not asking prices) have been for issues you want to sell. Some issues may have only sold for a few dollars. o

So the first four issues you are having graded would be best to sell separately.  If you have other key issues like 42 and 68 you could sell them separately. But if you have a bunch of issues that only appear to be worth a few dollars each, those you might combine together in groups of five or ten

Welcome to the boards! 

Edited by Tony S

Thanks for all the ideas.  I will look for 42 and 68.  I have a couple of duplicates of some of the star wars issues as well and some other comics.  I sent off Star Wars 1 & 2, 35 cent  variant first for grading and and an Iron man #55 2/73.  Star Wars 1 35 cent variant will be back tomorrow and they told me it was a 4 with white pages.  I appreciate the help with ideas of what to have graded.   I have a bit of an odd selection.  I welcome your suggestions!

Vicki

12 hours ago, shadroch said:

I hope you did your due diligence.  There are reprints of those issues with .35 cent prices. They are almost worthless in 4.0.

Yep.  Was going to ask if there were pics so we could see if they were the real deal or the reprints.

11 minutes ago, VickiCom said:

Hope I did this post correct for you guys.  Here is the Star Wars #1,  35 Cent price variant -  graded 4.0 White pages.  Came back today from CGC.

Awesome!!! CONGRATS :) 

if you want you could open the picture on the ol' desktop and rotate 90 degrees lol jk but js. You did fine ;) what will you do with it?

I have #2, 35 cent variant being graded now with Iron Man 55  2/73.  #3 and #4,  35 cent variant I was going to send them off today to be graded but I had other things come up.  I thought I would send these off to be graded and then how should I sell them?  Everyone said individually. Bad phone photo.5984ed52974a6_3435centVarient.thumb.jpg.068447c469e681807c393e9c48fa136c.jpg

2 hours ago, VickiCom said:

I have #2, 35 cent variant being graded now with Iron Man 55  2/73.  #3 and #4,  35 cent variant I was going to send them off today to be graded but I had other things come up.  I thought I would send these off to be graded and then how should I sell them?  Everyone said individually. Bad phone photo.

... Definitely sell them separately because that's how you'll maximize profit or money you'll get for them ...

Someone who has the money to afford all of these graded can easily spend the same amount of money by buying them separately.... I would sell them singly in order to make each listing a little bit cheaper so that will open you up to a bigger buyer pool. 

I've seen several listed at absurd prices I'm not sure or have no experience whether people actually pay these prices. If you're looking to sell at a reasonable price I'm sure it will sell faster... But do the research

So glad your books turned out to be the real deal.   I hear there's a Star Wars movie coming so that should boost the price!!!  :jokealert:

On 8/4/2017 at 2:24 PM, VickiCom said:

Hope I did this post correct for you guys.  Here is the Star Wars #1,  35 Cent price variant -  graded 4.0 White pages.  Came back today from CGC.

Star Wars 1.jpeg

:golfclap:

On 8/6/2017 at 11:33 AM, Aweandlorder said:

Congrats on finding this gem. 

i wonder if it would be worth while to give it a good press. Judging from just the front cover it seems like you would easily be able to bump it one or maybe even 2 points. 

Any tears or stains on it?

There were no tears the grading says white pages.    Thanks